Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Doggy flea & tick protection...
LSF Member
From North Central MN
Ticks are already out in the Park Rapids area. Just a quick reminder to get our furry friends protected.

I switched from Frontline to a Seresto Collar a couple of years ago and could not be happier. I live in the country and have not had one single tick on my pooch while she has this collar on. Great improvement over the FrontLine products. IMHO

PS: You can get the Seresto at your local vet and there is a $15 rebate which brings down the cost to about $55 for 8 months of protection.

Posted on: 2017/3/28 7:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Doggy flea & tick protection...
LSF Member
From Duluth
You mean better than the frontline "juice"?

Posted on: 2017/3/28 8:14

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Quote:

Joehere wrote:
You mean better than the frontline "juice"?

Yes!

Posted on: 2017/3/28 8:30

LSF Member
From Lent, MN
Thanks for the information. I have used Frontline on my Lab (now 11 yo) since she was a puppy. Last summer (10 yo) she started to have seizures within a day or two of the monthly application. I am looking for an alternative and this may be the ticket. I never had a tick problem with the Frontline, but I took her off it once the seizures started and spent a lot of time pulling ticks off her. The area where we live and the area where we hunt is thick with ticks.

Posted on: 2017/3/28 9:27

LSF Member
From Duluth
Thanks X2, just happens we have a vet appt. today,if they have one I'm in.

Posted on: 2017/3/28 9:38

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Ya the Seresto collar is so much better IMHO because I never have to remember to applied the FrontLine and I think it does a better job without any side effects. I had a lab that when I applied the Frontline he was like he was drugged for a couple of days. Hated putting it on him but did not have much of an alternative.

If you get to your vet or online and can't remember the correct brand just mention that the collar comes in a round tin can. I believe its the only one that does.

Good Luck and let be tick free!........I wonder if that collar would fit me!

Posted on: 2017/3/28 9:49

LSF Member
From Gentilly, MN
Good time to talk about this subject. I had to put my 13 yo lab down yesterday due to late stage Lymes. She tested "slight positive" 5 years ago and we kept her vaccinated ever since. Didn't matter. I used Frontline and collars and she never had many ticks on her. Didn't matter. Damn Lymes. Gotta go- something in my eye.

Posted on: 2017/3/28 10:16

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Quote:

uncleicehole wrote:
Good time to talk about this subject. I had to put my 13 yo lab down yesterday due to late stage Lymes. She tested "slight positive" 5 years ago and we kept her vaccinated ever since. Didn't matter. I used Frontline and collars and she never had many ticks on her. Didn't matter. Damn Lymes. Gotta go- something in my eye.

Sorry for your loss! Its a bummer for sure! Put down my 14yr old lab in 2012.

Posted on: 2017/3/28 10:18

LSF Member
From SE MN
Sorry to hear that uncleicehole...It's a sad day and I swear I won't go thru it again...and I do anyhow cuz I'd be lost without a pal.

There is another thread on this site, everyone should read. Lots of good info.
I personally started using Bravecto on my lab with great results and permethrin on me!

http://www.lakestatefishing.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=96499&start=0

Posted on: 2017/3/28 13:11

LSF Member
Very sorry to hear that...just horrible. Its seems like this is a growing problem and something that affects a lot of us, our family members, and our pets. I love the woods and hunting/fishing...but these ticks scare the crap outta me! Hang in there, and enjoy the great memories of your Lab, they are a special breed for sure!

Posted on: 2017/3/29 11:59

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page