Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Camping chairs
LSF Member
From Park Rapids
Anyone have a decent camping chair that they recommend? I'm tired of replacing them every 2-3 years. Bought a couple from L&M fleet last year. Thought they were going to be really good. Picked them up for labor day weekend and they didn't even last the weekend.

Posted on: 3/28 20:26:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Camping chairs
LSF Member
From Wahkon,MN
Ive been real happy with our Timber Ridge directors chair. Got ours at Costco.
I have completely given up on those X frame tube sack chairs, at 250# they don't last and are not even comfortable.

Posted on: 3/28 21:10:24

LSF Member
From Duluth
Cabelas "hard arm" chair or "realtree Max-5 ergo" ,lifetime warranty and still a bag type for transportation but #300 capacity is much better than the other bag types. Been using an interlocking 2X2 foam/rubber laundry/floor mat from menards I think u can get um in a 4pak as a additional cushion. Also got a couple of directors chairs type from Sams club,the table is nice but watch out for large panhandling dogs,it's perfect height for um. Used it at the shack earlier today eating lunch,sitting in the sun. They are pretty comfortable. Also if you have the room for transport, Gander has a heavy duty rocker that is big,roomy and comfortable. I use this for the deck at home,but it's pretty nice. Good luck.

Posted on: 3/28 22:39:18

LSF Member
From East Central MN
We have some of these Coleman chairs we really like. The side table folds up or down and is also really nice.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_20170328_224024.jpg (61.78 KB)
8567_58db2d2b54554.jpg 1440X858 px

Posted on: 3/28 22:42:45

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I have one of these from the Sportsman Guide. Ive put it through some abuse and it still works great

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-oversized-king-chair-500-lb?a=1886408

I also have another chair from there that they no longer sell that I have had for a few years with only 1 minor repair.

Posted on: 3/29 6:43:46

Staff Team
From S.E. MN
I have the chairs as mentioned in the previous posts and use them year round however wishing that the back were taller and the seat higher.
Good luck in your hunt for comfortable chairs.

Trick

Posted on: 3/29 8:35:59

Staff Team
From Bloomington
Quote:

quazzy02 wrote:
We have some of these Coleman chairs we really like. The side table folds up or down and is also really nice.

I have been using this style also. I have had two for 4+ years. I use them for turkey hunting, fishing at the river, even ice fishing as well as camping. They are a bit more but they last and the side table is really handy.

Posted on: 3/29 8:42:00

LSF Member
From Burnsville, MN
I got tired of the cheapo chairs and have bought two sets of nicer $50 chairs that have lasted quite a bit longer and are a lot more comfortable. They still don't last forever and have still worn out with regular use, but if you amortize the cost out over 5 years or so they're still worth every penny for the comfort factor alone in addition to not having to replace them every year.

Posted on: 3/30 11:09:04

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page