Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Filling Holes
Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
I purchased a set of wave wackers for my 1750 fishhawk and am in need of some advice for plugging existing holes. I have a swim ladder that I will be removing and will need to fill those holes prior to install of the wave wacker mounts. What products should a guy use to plug those holes with to be sure they are water tight? Steps a guy should take from anyone who has done this to their own rig? I'd like to keep my boat topside at all costs. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 3/29 13:31:20

Re: Filling Holes
Staff Team
From S.E. MN
I have used JB Weld with a small patch of fiberglass cloth and gel cover on the inside of the boat. The covered holes will show on the inside but minimal showing on the outside of the boat.
I have found the fiberglass patching materials in small packages at Fleet Farm.
This is the cheapest fix that I found rather than a weld.

Best of luck!
Trick

Posted on: 3/29 13:51:46

LSF Member
From Savage, MN
For my own purposes, I have put stove bolts with lock washers back in the holes, then sealed them using marine grade Goop as well as JB Weld for a much more permanent seal. Works every time without fail.

Posted on: 3/29 13:55:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
3M Marine 5200

Posted on: 3/29 19:17:07

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page