Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lake Chip
LSF Member
Hey guys, I'm getting a new humminbird gps unit for the boat and am wondering what chip I should get. The kicker is that I want a chip that includes Minnesota lakes and Iowa lakes. Seems that Lakemaster chips are sold by the region. I cant find a region that includes Minnesota and Iowa in the same chip, and I'm not wanting to buy two chips.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Posted on: 3/29 19:14:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lake Chip
LSF Member
You'll be stuck with navionics then. If it were me I'd pick up a couple older lakemaster chips over a new navionics chips. The mapping options that you can do with the lakemaster/humminbird combo is fantastic. No depth highlight with navionics. With that said I'm not sure what lakes lakemaster covers in Iowa. It may not be enough to justify two chips.

Here's a lake list of all the lakemaster chips: http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/LKM_PreviousLakeLists/

Posted on: 3/29 20:47:42
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI

Re: Lake Chip
LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
if you only fish a couple of lakes in IA, you can also look at chartselect as you can buy individual lakes (HD lakes only)

Posted on: 3/30 16:05:00

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page