Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Putting a dog down
LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
There is no way I could shoot my own dog. My family just had to put our black lab down this last fall and that was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Went the vet route and I don't think I could do it any other way. Seemed painless and peaceful for him. I have not cried much in my lifetime but I sure did that day. Crappy part he was only seven. Should of had some good years left.

Posted on: 2017/3/30 15:14

LSF Member
From Hugo, MN
You have probably seen my story from yesterday. I didn't have a choice how it would be done. Even if I had the chance, I would have preferred to have the vet do it. I could spend time with him and he simply went to sleep. No more cancer, no more pain and all the birds he could ever want.

Posted on: 2017/3/30 15:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Chaska/Leech Lake
Divorce is a piece of cake when compared with putting
down your best buddy and hunting partner.

It hurts, but we do it for them. We don't do it for us.

tweed

Posted on: 2017/3/30 16:38

LSF Member
From outta here
Lost my first due to complications from canine epilepsy. I had to put her half sister down a decade later due to advanced laryngeal paralysis. This was at a emergency clinic. She just fell asleep in my arms and didn't come home...

(DAMMIT... Too much dust in this room!!)

The ONLY way shooting would come into play is if there was NO alternative. As was the case with a neighbors dog... We were dropping a few trees on the adjoining lot, didn't know the dog had pushed his way out of the cabin, and he ran right under a falling tree and was literally broken in half. Just a freak accident. I'm no vet but when the spine is bent back close to a 90* angle... There's no coming back from that.

That was 30+ years ago and deafening silence after the deed was done still haunts me to this day.

Posted on: 2017/3/30 17:33

LSF Member
I couldn't do it myself have my first black lab hunting dog who is 1.5 years now and I cant imagine losing him.

But my dad growing up on the farm I know he being the oldest kid had to put down their dog Smokey and later Smokey II down with the shovel.

Posted on: 2017/4/1 10:14

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page