Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Water rescues
LSF Member
3 water rescue in beltrami county today .

Posted on: 3/30 18:38:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Water rescues
LSF Member
From Hibbing, MN
Yes, the ice rotted fast. We squeezed in one last day on Thur and in the two hours we were out, the ice near the landing degraded to a point we broke through in the Argo. That same ice was more than safe on Wednesday. I think they opened the dam Wednesday afternoon and that really degraded the ice. That's why I own an Argo of course. We were safe and dry and simply inconvenienced. After breaking ice for about 30 minutes some landowner did call the local FD and they came out in a bad azz airboat and gave us a towin.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0180.JPG (2,568.76 KB)
18729_58dfd66fb15c7.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 4/1 11:33:06

Anonymous
Yep, good thing for that Argo. I hope the FD sends you their bill.

Posted on: 4/1 18:51:26

LSF Member
Quote:

HawgFarmer wrote:
Yep, good thing for that Argo. I hope the FD sends you their bill.
For what it sounds like they didn't need they didn't need them in the first place. They just helped them get to shore faster. This is what the FD is there for to help people I hate when people say oh they should send you the bill. In reality them coming out and driving an airboat 100 yards off shore and back doesn't really cost them much. The real cost is the price of the airboat. If anything this situation gave them valuable real life training for when someone who goes in that isn't safe in an argo need their help.

If you are ever robbed I hope the police send you a bill. Ever been in a car accident? Well better go back and pay the police bills for that to.

In all reality this man is a taxpaying citizen and he already has been paying the bill.

Posted on: 4/1 20:47:26

LSF Member
I had to read the last post about 5 times. "That is what they are there for" What.........? People making poor decisions putting others at serious risk. I'm sure the volunteer FD had nothing better to do. I am glad to hear that everyone was alright and the argo is a lot better than walking or ATV. Nothing against the original poster.

Posted on: 4/1 22:20:05

Anonymous
zachd wrote:
Quote:

If you are ever robbed I hope the police send you a bill. Ever been in a car accident? Well better go back and pay the police bills for that to.

Being robbed or getting in a wreck is different than taking unnecessary risks with the taxpayer/FD personnel as an insurance policy because you can buy expensive toys.

Posted on: 4/1 22:30:17

LSF Member
Quote:

HawgFarmer wrote:
zachd wrote:
Quote:

Being robbed or getting in a wreck is different than taking unnecessary risks with the taxpayer/FD personnel as an insurance policy because you can buy expensive toys.

Should have bought a better security system and what if you are in a wreck on a motorcycle that's an unnecessary risk

Posted on: 4/1 23:07:44

LSF Member
Fire,rescue, police and taxes are all here to stay.Just think how it could be if we didn't have these.The OP says that "some landowner"called it in.Should they be sent the bill?I'm not judging any of these folks.I for one thank God we have people that willing to put their lives/life on the line(and on hold) every time they go to work as volunteers or otherwise!Thankyou!Should we start passing laws to regulate when Folks can go out on the ice??Maybe force folks who go onto the ice pay for some kind of hazard premium?I say no.Have fun and don't fall in!!!!!!!If you do fall in there is someone who will come and rescue you!c63

Posted on: 4/2 2:41:45

LSF Member
From South Metro
Seems things were done right to me. Iffy ice - took the Argo - wasn't that how they were designed? Landowner saw someone he thought was in trouble - called for help. Was he watching half hour or half minute? He may not have understood the capabilities of an Argo and saw vehicle in the water. FD showed up and gave them a hand. They were probably talking to them before the airboat was even unloaded.

A few loose ends that can make all the difference on how one interprets the story...

SD

Posted on: 4/2 10:37:32

LSF Member
Observations for today:

1) Some days I am amazed that we survive as a species

2) There is always someone that will make excuses for our stupidity.

Posted on: 4/2 11:14:22

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page