Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Water rescues
LSF Member
From Hibbing, MN
Exactly Savage. The deputy sheriff showed up first as he was close by. Found out we were leisurely chilling in the Argo safe and dry. Told the FD don't hurry, no lights and sirens. Once everyone arrived they leisurely unloaded and came out to give us a tow.

Without their help, we would have been out there a few hours working on getting back into the ice. Once we found out the FD was coming, we stopped working, sat back and put our feet up. Nice day to be sun tanning on the boat/Argo. Even if we couldn't have gotten out, we would have called a buddy to come throw us a long strap so we could winch up onto the ice. The day prior, that exact spot was safe. We were unaware they opened the dam that night (which accelerated the ice rotting).

As was pointed out earlier. That's why I own an Argo. So even when we have an issue, it's an inconsequential and uneventful issue.

Posted on: 4/2 11:38:33

LSF Member
"Once we found out the FD was coming, we stopped working, sat back and put our feet up. Nice day to be sun tanning on the boat/Argo"

"So even when we have an issue, it's an inconsequential and uneventful issue."

All the meanwhile the FD volunteers took time away from their jobs, families and additional responsibilities to go rescue someone who needed one more day on the ice when everyone else had enough common sense to stay off. I'm usually not sarcastic but am having a tough time trying to understand the rationalization behind this thinking. Last post for me on this topic.

Posted on: 4/2 17:58:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Hibbing, MN
Like I said. We were fine. We were fully prepared to chisel and auger our way to shore. And/or call a buddy to crawl out and throw us a strap to winch on. Someone else called the FD. Not to mention it was a 50* sunny day. The FD guys got to leave work and go for a boat ride. I used to love leaving work to go on FD calls. PLUS, the ice was safe the day prior. Who knew they'd open the dam and ruin the last ice? 24 hours prior to breaking through, we had 15" of ice (9 solid, 6 homecomb). No reason to think it would rot in 24 hours

Posted on: 4/2 18:08:02

LSF Member
Danm, some people need to get out of the basement and get a life-.

Posted on: 4/2 18:22:35

LSF Member
"If"someone would've drowned or died due to hypothermia then the masses would've been ^@%%%@*about where was fire and rescue????Can't win,eh???c63

Posted on: 4/4 16:07:52

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page