Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Wood Pellets for smoker
Staff Team
I would like to ask of our readers to be on the look out for deals on wood pellets for Traeger grills also. I have only had my Traeger grill for a few months and bought a few bags but was wondering can you only use the Traeger brand and if not what kind has everyone used and are there cheaper bags out there. Thanks in advance.........Kirk

Posted on: 4/2 11:27:27

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wood Pellets for smoker
LSF Member
From East Central MN
I have a Pit Boss grill from Menards and buy my pellets from Menards. The pellets are the same as the Traeger grill uses. Seems like I always have some 11% rebates laying around I use on pellets.

Posted on: 4/2 12:50:39

LSF Member
You don't have to use the Traeger pellets. I have a green mountain which is basically the same thing as the traeger and have run green mountain, treager, lousiana, yoder, and some cheaper pellets through mine. They all work fine...I did find that running the cheap pellets I used quite a bit more pellets and ended up with more ash.

My advice would be to buy a quality pellet and get the one you can get the best price on whether treager or not. If you have room and can buy in bulk, you can get a pretty good deal. Call the guy at pellet grills of minnesota and see what he can set you up with.

Posted on: 4/2 13:40:21

Staff Team
Thank you Thank you for your replies and great to know I can buy in bulk and maybe save some money. Not really worried about the money but always want to save a buck or two. Great to see I can use other brands but I am sure you get what you pay for............Kirk

Posted on: 4/2 14:13:22

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
you can buy a 20# bag of pellets of camp chef brand from amazon for about $16 delivered to your door.

Posted on: 4/2 14:49:58

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
$20 for a 40lb bag of pit boss at w mart, around $22 at Menards.

Posted on: 4/2 18:24:07

LSF Member
From Andover MN
I found this place as I am looking around for pellet grills. I have read that it is better to purchase a better brand of pellets as they create less ash and are more efficient.

Great Lakes Lumber Company

Be green and cook with 100% natural wood, just like the fancy restaurants prefer. No additives or fillers in our BBQ pellets, and they are more economical than charcoal, as convenient as gas, but instill that delicious wood flavor that is lacking on a gas grill. Choose from a variety of natural wood flavors. We currently carry several brands of BBQ pellets, LumberJack Brand and Green Mountain.
All the pellets we stock are 100% natural wood. Below is the list of pellets I have in stock.

Blend of Oak, Hickory, and Cherry
Blend of Maple, Hickory, and Cherry
Apple Flavored - 30% Apple and 70% Oak
Mesquite Flavored - 30% Mesquite and 70% Oak
Pecan Flavored - 30% Pecan and 70% Oak
Apple - 100%
Mesquite 100%
Cherry - 100%
Hickory - 100%
Maple - 100%
Oak - 100%

We can ship nation-wide so don't hesitate to call and compare our prices. We also have a frequent buyer program. We are a small company with big customer service!

Posted on: 4/3 12:49:03

LSF Member
From Central MN
I payed $15 for 40# bags last year at A-maze-n products. Have to drive to Burnsville to his warehouse to avoid shipping cost. I buy 10 bags at a time so well worth it for me.

Posted on: 4/3 16:39:30

LSF Member
Heads up.

I bought a bunch of these in different flavors recently, they are good burn a little faster and have a little more dust than Pit Boss pellets. Pit Boss pellets seam to have more of a wax coating.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/louisiana-grills-competition-blend-all-natural-pellets-40-lb-/0000000241921;jsessionid=n1ZVzC2ybujSSxChXd1_RTyWYCmb936l5YZi3-zTjILi-uyEnbcp!1218947992?bc=11315|11423|11426

Posted on: 4/9 22:03:24

LSF Member
From Cass Lake/South Haven
check out cookinpellets. They have a great price on them and I like the perfect blend.

Posted on: 4/10 9:36:45

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page