Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Pellet Smoker/Grill Advice
LSF Member
From Eagan
Hands down, i highly recommend having an A-Maze-n tray or tube smoker as a tool in your toolbox. Todd is a great guy who fully stands behind his products and man do they provide an amazing clean smoke to any smoker. They are just down the road from me and i cant say enough great things about the way they treat their customers. I mean he puts his cell phone # all over the web and encourages people to call him day or night if they have any troubles or just need some help/suggestions.

Posted on: 4/7 9:38:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Park Rapids
I have a pit boss as well. got it at menards. if you wait until they go on sale, you can get it for under 400 bucks. it cooks everything great. I have learned to cook low and slow and it really pays off. you can crank it up if you want to get something done fast as well.

Posted on: 4/7 11:36:24

LSF Member
I just ordered the Traeger Pro Series 22, hope to be cooking like Reinhard by the end of next week!

Posted on: 4/7 13:22:42

Staff Team
Shackrat, Good purchase and your going to be 100 percent satisfied with it. I have already learned some good secrets about how to smoke than turn temp up to desired temp of the meat your cooking.......Kirk

Posted on: 4/7 13:44:40

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
A few more things I noticed/learned;

When you use a thermometer everything is much better... we were cooking the crap out of everything previously. In one of my pics you can see a wireless thermometer that brand is cheap but if you are real careful it works ok.

Make sure you spend some time on the smoking forums to learn about food safety. I made jerky forever and never worried much about it but these bigger roasts and low and slow smokes need more attention to safety.

Posted on: 4/7 17:36:16

LSF Member
Quote:

pclark wrote:
A few more things I noticed/learned;

When you use a thermometer everything is much better... we were cooking the crap out of everything previously. In one of my pics you can see a wireless thermometer that brand is cheap but if you are real careful it works ok.

Make sure you spend some time on the smoking forums to learn about food safety. I made jerky forever and never worried much about it but these bigger roasts and low and slow smokes need more attention to safety.

+1
Ya you just cant bbq/smoke without a thermometer I would suggest a maverick digital thermometer and a thermapen

Posted on: 4/7 23:45:22

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
Heads up for those looking for a cheaper pellet grill. Mills fleet has them for $300 this week.

Posted on: 4/9 17:50:55

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page