Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Upper red regs
LSF Member
So apparently increasing the bag limit, and removing the slot last year is a signal that Red is crashing. Okay sure......

Posted on: 2017/4/6 16:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Gee, that big lake is going to turn into a dead sea because they upped the limit by ONE FISH!!!!!!!!! Give me a break, some people are never satisfied! The sky is falling!

Posted on: 2017/11/24 22:06

LSF Member
From Clearwater, Annandale
Every single year they one up the limit and depending on the reports on how much fish being caught they bring it down in like December or January.

Posted on: 2017/11/25 9:10

Staff Team
You have your meat hunters and you have your catch and release guys but with the fishing pressure that URL gets every year you have to wonder how long that lake can take with all the fish being taken out. You spend your money and you follow the rules and we will see how long it will last. The problem is the guys who are filling coolers of walleyes up every trip and there are plenty of them that take way more than the limit because there is little or no penalty IF you get caught. I just hope the lake stays around for years to come but I have seen in my 10 years of fishing that great lake that the numbers are down overall. To each their own, have fun be safe and I can't wait to get up there and catch a few myself...........Kirk

Posted on: 2017/11/25 10:29

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From the cites?

I don't know why C&R people would head all the way to Red!

Mille Lac is LOADED with Walleyes that you can't keep anyway?

Anyhooo, in the Grand Scheme of Walleyes on Red, there are 288,800 acres, and Y'all can only fish 48,000 acres of it.

It isn't like all of the Walleye are Schooling below the 48,000 acres waiting to be taken.

Posted on: 2017/11/25 11:55

Staff Team
It isn't like all of the Walleye are Schooling below the 48,000 acres waiting to be taken.

That's what they said about the crappies and we all know what happen to them. I come from South and I mean South Minnesota and catch and release 99 percent of all the fish I catch. Has my group caught and kept our limits, we sure have. It is what it is, I just hope it lasts a while longer.............Kirk

Posted on: 2017/11/25 12:29

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page