Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Mercury / Quicksilver key code
LSF Member
From Jordan, MN
Started getting the boat ready for the soft water season, and the key decided to grow legs. I was hoping to find a replacement key before I replace the switch.

I have a 1997 Mercury Force 40hp with the Quicksilver controls. I looked at the switch, and I think I found the code I need, but wanted to make sure.

Anybody else ever fall into the same situation? Anybody know where the number/code I need is located?

I was going to head to Twin Cities Outboard in Shakopee to see what they might have floating around. I just hope I don't have to make multiple trips to trial and error this.

TIA

Posted on: 4/4 22:12:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mercury / Quicksilver key code
LSF Member
From Hayward
Remove your switch and take it with you. Only one trip that way. Also check with a lock shop , they can probably make a new one.

Posted on: 4/5 8:32:23

LSF Member
From Granite Falls/Breckenridge
The older mercury key codes were a 1a-1b-1c and so on. alot of dealers should have a master set in the shop to be able to figure out with one you would need. that is unless it was a after market key swith then good luck. If you look close it might be stamped in the very end of the switch

Posted on: 4/5 10:16:16

LSF Member
From Jordan, MN
Assumption on the code was correct. Bought two, so that should last me a year or so until I lose them.

Thanks for the replies.

Posted on: 4/5 13:16:58

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page