Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Anyone ever bought a Guides Boat??
LSF Member
From Swan lake
looking at buying a guide boat this fall, any pros and cons from someone who has done this before?? Thanks!

Posted on: 4/7 14:39:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Anyone ever bought a Guides Boat??
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Con usually lots of hours on the motor that is usually not that old.

Pro probably rigged and ready to go.

Posted on: 4/7 15:13:09

LSF Member
From Crosby
Depends on the guide. If he mainly trolls then lots of hours. Most guides I know run main motor 5-10 mins. to a spot and use trolling motors most of the time. Some guide boats have way less hours on the motor than the average Joe pulling his kids around. Most guide boats are a great buy.

Posted on: 4/10 6:22:40

LSF Member
From andover
Guides depend on their boat, motor, and equipment and keep them maintained. It's their form of income so maintenance is a must.. I would say it's a good buy. good luck.

Posted on: 4/10 8:12:53

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Cologne,MN
I would not shy away from buying one. That boat is their office, it's cleanliness and setup is the image of their company. And like said before maintenance is a must for these guys because during peak season that boat may be on the water sun up to sun down. It may be higher in hours, but I would rather own a well maintained boat with hours vs a low hour boat that's been neglected. You should be able to tell right away when you look at it if the previous owner took care of it

Posted on: 4/11 19:41:13
80LB Terrova IPilot link
H-Bird 899 HD DI and Helix 7 SI at helm

LSF Member
Also keep in mind that we tend to rig our boats with equipment that is a level or two higher than most would consider. My Ranger620t is rigged with 36 volt minn kotas and 10" -12" humminbirds as compared to a lot of boats I see on walleye central that have 24v motors and 7" -8" birds.

Posted on: 4/12 8:03:12

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page