Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »

Re: 2017 Vikings
LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Why is there so much hostility for not being a hometown team fan? I know where Dober is coming from firsthand, because in my younger days I was a Michael Jordan fan. Same reasons dober mentioned about Brady. Leadership, drive, you just knew he had the will to win. I was a Bulls fan while Jordan and his supporting cast was there because it was fun to watch. I've never been a Timberwolves fan. The only time period when I watched and went to Timberwolves games was when Kevin Garnett was here. And the Wolves wasted him aside from one year when they spent money on Cassell and Spreewell and made a legit run. I could not have been happier for him when he won a championship with the Celtics. I'm a Vikings fan first and foremost, but I like good football too. It's just a game within a sport. If you get defensive about it and it becomes your life, then you get what has happened in Philadelphia...

Posted on: 1/25 10:30:53

LSF Member
From andover
Dober just has a habit on coming on this thread and bashing the Vikings even when they have a record like they had this year. Loosing our starting QB and a great looking RB ect. There are others on here that are fans of other teams as well. My daughter is a 49'r fan and did not have a great year but is very happy that the Patriots sent them a damn good Qb who won 5 in a row I believe since he started for them. I'm glad Dober is a Patriot fan. I'm not bashing him just responding to his bashing time after time. I have to give the Patriots credit for over the years supplying Brady with a good OF line and quality reciever ect. That's what made him great as he is. Rodgers on the other hand in my view is the best QB right now. good luck.

Posted on: 1/25 11:03:49

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
From Annandale
Well so much for the Garappolo idea. 5 years - $138 million! That sets the bar for Rodgers extension this offseason. Those are crazy numbers for a guy that really hasn't proved a whole lot at this time but it was the only way the Niners would be able to keep him under contact. In a way this sets the bar for Keenum. Let the games begin!

Posted on: 2/8 14:04:56

LSF Member
From andover
Wow that's high. He did make a nice run after he was sent to the 49rs. Patriots will regret this trade in my opinion. Good for him though. Now he can start and show his stuff. I think Keenum will be franshised and get the 22 mil or so. good luck.

Posted on: 2/8 14:46:28

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Detroit Lakes
Vikes hired John DeFilippo - QB coach from Philly as the new OC. I'm trying to decide if this suddenly opens the door to Foles coming here or what will happen. Spielman made it pretty well known that the OC will have a large role in figuring out the QB situation. I still think they should keep Keenum though. Foles will be expensive after what he did. Probably worth more than the Garappolo deal.

Posted on: 2/9 10:41:39

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
The eagles will hold foles because Wentz likely won't be ready for the start of the season. Keenum is going to get paid. Vikes need to decide whether to pay keenum or cousins then sign teddy cheap for back up or bradford expensive for back up.

Posted on: 2/9 11:20:18

LSF Member
Foles won't be cheap. You'd need to trade for him AND pay him.

I'm not 100% sold on any of the QB's out there, they all come with their own risk. The more I think about it the more I think putting the franchise tag on Keenum and letting him prove himself for another year might be the right move. It buys you some time before having to go all in on him. In the meantime they should be looking at the draft for their QB of the future.

The only reason any of the free agent QB's are on the market is because they come with risk and are all unproven in some capacity. Cousins is the most proven but he still hasn't shown he's a true franchise guy that will be worth what he's undoubtedly going to get paid.

Posted on: 2/9 11:25:00

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Tag Keenum. At $27 million (the going price) I don't want to sign anybody for that kind of money. Vikings have a lot more problems then just the quarterback position. They can't get hamstrung with a killer contract.

Posted on: 2/9 17:25:21

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
San Fran was never going to let Garappolo go so that was a non-starter. As nofish said, Foles is going to a lot cost money and draft picks so either he stays put or some team is going to give up a lot to get him. The Vikings would be foolish to go out and get him but then again, I thought it was foolish for them to get Bradford. BTW, the guy who strip sacked Keenum in the championship game (Derrick Barnett) is the guy the Eagles picked with the 14th overall pick the Vikings gave up for Bradford. Kind of ironic.
Everyone seems to like Cousins but why go get him when you have a little smaller version already in Keenum? If all you're looking for is a gun slinger, Keenum is the guy and he won't cost you as much as Cousins.
The talking heads on radio are even suggesting Mike Glennon! I think the Vikings best option was already traded to Washington but then again, I'm just here to bash the Vikings.

Posted on: 2/9 21:12:09

LSF Member
Just look at all doberís replies. Nothing but negative about the Vikings. Anything good thatís brought up heíll find anything negative he can think about to reply. SKOL

Posted on: 2/9 23:03:09

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page