Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Opening day is only 23 days away. ;)
LSF Member
From Lake Vermilion, Tower MN
Hey there everybody.
So who is coming to Vermilion for the Walleye opener? I will be there for the 30th strait year and I do believe that it is one of the best opening day lakes in Minnesota. The ice is gone already which is about 2 weeks early according to our average ice out date of the 28th of April. That means the Walleyes should be in some different locations than you are used to on opening day. I usually fish deeper water on the opener anyway so I will be starting my day in the same location. However if you are a Pike bay angler you might find that shallow bite a little slower than most years. I'm a jig/minnow guy myself however I also will use a slip bobber rig, especially in the evening. Plain lindy rigs tipped with a minnow or a leech are also popular among opening day anglers. Lets hope we get some decent weather for a change, it would be nice to not have to wear my ice fishing gear on Saturday morning. Good luck to everybody no matter where you are for the opener.

"Ace"

Posted on: 4/20 10:19:31
Check us out on Facebook.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Opening day is only 23 days away. ;)
Staff Team
Great post and wish you all great luck on lopener. I have to work but will be up to Canada for their opener. Hope the bite is on. Be safe and have fun......Kirk

Posted on: 4/20 13:33:15

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From bloomington
The Wife and I will be up the 14th-18th.Staying at Fotuneless Bay.I always start deep,Thanks. Good Luck

Posted on: 4/20 19:44:13

LSF Member
From The shack
I'll be down the road fishing on White Iron. I usually have pretty good luck, but wish the ice was still on for a couple more weeks. I'll be using a 3/8 once jig with a minnow. I hope it it's cold and windy keep the fair weather people away from where I wana be!

Posted on: 4/20 20:51:48

LSF Member
I'll be there 73 days after the opener.

Posted on: 4/21 11:28:58

LSF Member
From Owatonna
Headed up for opener. Cabin near Timbuktu. last few years have been catching them in deeper than 25 feet, jig and minnow.. would like to try some lead core trolling this year??? time to get stuff prepared.

Posted on: 4/25 10:12:20

LSF Member
I do a lot of trolling for Walleyes later in the season, but I think you can be successful any time if you know where to go. I always find the bigger fish trolling and the average fish is much better as well.

"Ace"

Posted on: 4/25 13:14:10

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
Don't think I'll make it out for opener as I will be in Duluth for business and then Fargo for a brothers graduation from NDSU. This time of year I like vegetation that is just starting to sprout and running cranks over the top or shad raps off of the edge. Can't wait to see some rods snapping in the holder!

Posted on: 4/25 13:34:32

LSF Member
Only 5 days to go and the weather report for the northland doesn't look to bad.

Have a great opener everybody.

"Ace"

"It's just fishing man"

Posted on: 5/8 14:33:35

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page