Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Pool 2 reports?
LSF Member
Heading down and launching from hidden falls and wondering if anyone has a recent report? Water temp? Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2017/4/22 0:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Pool 2 reports?
LSF Member
USGS site says water temp is about 41 F at st paul. Probably will go up a few degrees today. I am headed out of hidden falls as well this afternoon, i will be in an old red smokercraft.

Not sure if fish will be very active given the cool water but cant pass up the weather! I am not experienced at early season fishing so not sure where to start but probably up by the falls and minehaha.

Posted on: 4/21 10:19:44

LSF Member
Fishing was not good today for me. Tried minnows, crawlers, artificials with no luck. I didn't talk to anyone that caugt anything. It was a beautiful day though!

Posted on: 4/21 22:19:39

LSF Member
Fished upper part of pool 2 again today from ford dam to confluence. No luck. Marked a few fish but no action. Didnt see many others having luck either. Anyone catch anything? Water temp was jist under 42F. For those of you veterens of pool 2, what temp do the walleyes and cats start waking up?

Posted on: 4/22 22:17:28

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
There were a lot of boats out there on Sunday for no one to be catching anything. When I ran my dog across the ford bridge I think I counted 14 boats out by the island and next to the lock. That's an insane amount of boats in a tiny space.

How was the current out there? The island was fully under water and it looked like it was really rippin!

Posted on: 4/24 10:36:22

LSF Member
Quote:

birkato wrote:
Fished upper part of pool 2 again today from ford dam to confluence. No luck. Marked a few fish but no action. Didnt see many others having luck either. Anyone catch anything? Water temp was jist under 42F. For those of you veterens of pool 2, what temp do the walleyes and cats start waking up?

For me fishing from shore 42 is a bit on the cold side but getting close. Seemed like 45 and above and the bite really picked up for me.

Posted on: 4/24 10:47:47

LSF Member
I was at Red Wing Sunday and it was the same thing. No one was getting fish. I think that two factors made that happen. The temp actually went down with the snow melt from the last half of last week and the flow went up. They had the rollers open at Red Wing. When you have more than one change it takes the fish a few days to adjust to that and start feeding again.

Posted on: 4/25 9:32:37

LSF Member
Any new reports on pool 2 action? Water temperature looks to be about 55 now. Fish should be waking up.

Posted on: 5/1 21:18:31

LSF Member
Fishing was hot on Pool 2 yesterday. Between 2 of us we landed at least 15 walleye, 12+smallmouth, 1 sheep head, 1 catfish, and 1 crappie in a 3 hr period. They hit everything from hook/minnow to plastics and even crankbaits. Biggest eye was 24" with others being 21" and several ~17"ers.

I saw someone fighting something for probably 20 minutes or more, not sure what that was.

Posted on: 5/16 12:57:01

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page