Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Best batteries?
LSF Member
If a guy wants to buy new batteries which ones are affordable?I see optima high end are over 250 each.I've bought "cheaper"ones in the past wanting to go with better batteries this time.I use them all year long in the fish house too!!!Deep cycle dual purpose seem to fit the bill better than just trolling batteries.Which of the high end brands have you guys had the best luck with.I know the life is really extended when you keep them charged if you don't use them for long periods of time.c63

Posted on: 4/24 11:14:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Best batteries?
LSF Member
From St. Cloud
I'm on year 6 with my Trojans they are just a standard type battery but they don't use recycled lead I have been very happy with them

Posted on: 4/24 13:27:32

LSF Member
I've always had good luck with Interstates.

Posted on: 4/24 17:36:22

LSF Member
From Minnesota
X2

Posted on: 4/24 20:40:25

LSF Member
From Fridley
I just replaced my Cabela's brand AGM batteries for my trolling motor. They were 13 years old and still actually worked quite well, I could just tell that they were starting to lose some power. I bought two of the same to replace the old ones, and they are actually on sale at the moment.

Posted on: 4/24 23:05:04

From Sioux Falls, SD
Quote:

bioguy wrote:
I just replaced my Cabela's brand AGM batteries for my trolling motor. They were 13 years old and still actually worked quite well, I could just tell that they were starting to lose some power. I bought two of the same to replace the old ones, and they are actually on sale at the moment.

Good to read this....I got 3 more years to replacement! My current boat is sporting the Cabela's brand AGM batteries and I believe this is year 10 for them. So far, I haven't had a single issue with them. I do have an on-board smart charger for all of my batteries that I leave plugged in whenever I am home. So far, with the success I have had with these batteries, I'll be looking to replace them with the same battery when the time comes.

Steve

Posted on: 4/25 9:07:37

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page