Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Leech Lake Opener - First timer
LSF Member
The old man and I are going to give leech a try on opener for the first time. We've fished leech before just never on opener. Any tips for launching or areas to avoid traffic? We are planning to launch at a public launch but I presume they will be packed. Any Resorts that let us launch for a small fee? Any other recommendations are always welcome.

Posted on: 4/25 9:45:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Leech Lake Opener - First timer
LSF Member
From Walker
Yes, most resorts will allow you to launch for $10 bucks. Launching before 7:00 am or after 9:00 am will be less crowded too. All told, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to launch anywhere on the lake.

I expect big crowds on the main lake points and shoreline flats in 8-12 f.o.w. with good catches. From the Walker Narrows, Goose Island area over to Stony Point gets the brunt of the fishing pressure, I typically won't fish these areas at all if I don't have to.

Cheers and hook-sets!

Posted on: 4/25 11:11:41

LSF Member
Thanks! Good to know. I've heard stories about Stony Point on opener just packed to the gills with boats. We'll probably mess around a few other spots and if we must, we will swing through Stony Point. Any resorts you can recommend that are easy in and out to launch from?

Posted on: 4/25 12:15:14

LSF Member
From Walker
I guess it would depend on what part of the lake you want to launch/fish at, many options. Call ahead to be sure, parking would probably be their major limitation. I have launched at Trapper's Landing, Horseshoe Bay, Brindley's Harbor etc without any issues.

Posted on: 4/25 12:53:30

LSF Member
I launched at Sugar Point last year on opener. No lines, very quick and easy.

Posted on: 4/26 7:20:02

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page