Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: (Update) Armstrong Trap Team Needs your Help!!
LSF Member
From Crystal Mn.
Well its final Next year Armstrong will Letter in Trap and Skeet!
To Bad for the last four years of seniors who missed out due to policy and political controversy

Posted on: 2017/6/29 9:39

LSF Member
From central mn
Thats great! Congrats!

Posted on: 2017/6/29 10:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
I don't get how schools can dictate what is and what isn't a legit sport, isn't this all ruled by the Minnesota state high school league??

Posted on: 2017/6/29 11:19

LSF Member
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
I don't get how schools can dictate what is and what isn't a legit sport, isn't this all ruled by the Minnesota state high school league??

I think that was the original reason for denying the letter from what I understand, it wasn't recognized by the MSHSL and the school simply follows the MSHSL's lead on what is considered a sport vs club.

I'm curious did the state finally recognize it as a sport or did the school take it on themselves to change the lettering criteria and make a case by case decision?

Either way I'm glad to see the sport recognized.

I've been in similar situations in the past with different sports that started out as club teams which lacked official support from the school. Just takes time for the sport to grow and gain enough traction to finally get recognized.

Nice work by jkjkoda for coaching and pressing the issue and his daughter for stepping up and doing what needed to be done. Seems like she'll go far in life with that kind of attitude.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 11:26

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page