Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: 2017 Spring Entertainment
LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Quote:

big_fish_guy wrote:
i'd be sitting down there with a paint ball gun or something.

That might get you in trouble!

What you could do is get you and your neighbors out on your docks for some night time perch/crappie fishing with lighted bobbers. They should have to respect that and not get too close. You have as much right to fish there as they do.

Posted on: 4/27 8:58:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

SpoonbillSlayer wrote:
Quote:

big_fish_guy wrote:
i'd be sitting down there with a paint ball gun or something.

That might get you in trouble!

What you could do is get you and your neighbors out on your docks for some night time perch/crappie fishing with lighted bobbers. They should have to respect that and not get too close. You have as much right to fish there as they do.

Those (fill in the blank with your own choice words) have no respect or care for you or resources. Never had, never will.

Posted on: 4/27 11:16:05

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
So getting back to the Bass regs. Looks like they can have 10 per their regs.

http://www.glifwc.org/Regulations/

Look under the MN Open Water Spearing and Netting section. Next time you can tell them they can keep it!

Posted on: 4/27 12:05:35

LSF Member
these guys were breaking MN boating laws throughout the whole video that I could see

You cant stand on the front of a pontoon boat IN FRONT of the rails while its underway

MN boating laws state:

"To ride or sit on the gunwales, bow, transom, or decking over the bow, sides or stern of any motorboat while underway, unless it is equipped with an adequate railing. It is also illegal to operate a motorboat while any person is so riding or sitting."

You'd be busted in a minute on TONKA if they saw you doing that

Just my humble observation ...

Posted on: 4/27 16:40:23

LSF Member
From Fargo
I may be wrong, but they might not have to follow those MN DNR laws

Posted on: 4/28 7:22:23

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
The overall ignorance and disrespect displayed to individuals and the resource literally makes me sick as well. Anyone who can watch this and say that it should continue is truly lost.......

Posted on: 4/28 7:36:44

LSF Member
From Northern MN
Pillaging for commercial profit using modern equipment. Is this what being a steward of the land really means? Shameful is what it is.

Posted on: 4/28 10:52:23

LSF Member
It seems to me that the bands are engaged in an activity which is permitted by their treaty with us and by our Constitution and are in no way violating the law. It's us who need to respect them and their rights.

If people want to be outraged at the Mille Lacs situation, they should have been outraged at the blatant disregard of the quota which was committed by the sport anglers last fall.

Posted on: 4/28 13:50:42

LSF Member
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:
If people want to be outraged at the Mille Lacs situation, they should have been outraged at the blatant disregard of the quota which was committed by the sport anglers last fall.

2016 was C&R only until the winter season.

Posted on: 4/28 14:32:08

LSF Member
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:

2016 was C&R only until the winter season.

True, but the agreed-upon hooking mortality formula was ignored in order to keep the resorts, etc open longer, thereby causing the anglers to violate their quota.

Posted on: 4/28 14:53:33

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page