Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 2017 Spring Entertainment
Hunting Field Staff
From Grand Rapids, MN
So what about the spearing mortality? I'm sure that is being closely monitored.

Posted on: 4/28 15:02:04

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:
It seems to me that the bands are engaged in an activity which is permitted by their treaty with us and by our Constitution and are in no way violating the law. It's us who need to respect them and their rights.

If people want to be outraged at the Mille Lacs situation, they should have been outraged at the blatant disregard of the quota which was committed by the sport anglers last fall.

Respect is earned, not given by a treaty or piece of paper. What the Indians are doing does not earn them respect.

Posted on: 4/28 15:26:42

LSF Member
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:
If people want to be outraged at the Mille Lacs situation, they should have been outraged at the blatant disregard of the quota which was committed by the sport anglers last fall.

2016 was C&R only until the winter season.

True, but the agreed-upon hooking mortality formula was ignored in order to keep the resorts, etc open longer, thereby causing the anglers to violate their quota.

No actual fish was counted that I know of. So I am playing my B.S. card.

Posted on: 4/28 16:00:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From The shack
It's 2017 they all want equality, but pull the race card when it comes to a bennifit. It's not just on Millacs it's everywhere. Supposedly we oppress minorities but they have more chances and programs to make it in life than my two kids will ever have with two middle class white married parents. It's sad! No reason for any of this it's 2017 in America not the 1800s. No one is being oppressed and no one should have any special laws or rules because of race!

Posted on: 4/28 16:52:22

LSF Member
From mora mn
Quote:

Woodsman wrote:
It's 2017 they all want equality, but pull the race card when it comes to a bennifit. It's not just on Millacs it's everywhere. Supposedly we oppress minorities but they have more chances and programs to make it in life than my two kids will ever have with two middle class white married parents. It's sad! No reason for any of this it's 2017 in America not the 1800s. No one is being oppressed and no one should have any special laws or rules because of race!

Yes sir

Posted on: 4/28 17:25:28

LSF Member
Quote:

HeviShot wrote:
So what about the spearing mortality? I'm sure that is being closely monitored.

LOW1 is a troll who refuses to acknowledge reality. He refuses to acknowledge the complete lack of record keeping during the tribal quota but then incessantly whines about the hooking mortality formula. Just another smug, obnoxious social justice warrior.

Posted on: 4/28 18:11:10

LSF Member
The ML situation has nothing to do with "special rules" or even with race. It's about a treaty. You can complain all you want, but that treaty is not going away.

Posted on: 4/28 18:13:33

LSF Member
From The shack
I understand that it needs to be taken care of in court but common sense needs to prevail. There are many dumb and not right laws in the books but because of the day and age we live in common sense prevails. I am no expert on the treaty but I bet there is a bunch of rules they are breaking if you want to live by the treaty than it should be across the board. Why does one race need to use common sense

Posted on: 4/28 18:27:34

LSF Member
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:
The ML situation has nothing to do with "special rules" or even with race. It's about a treaty. You can complain all you want, but that treaty is not going away.

Alright I'll play at this one. So why is it the all these old Indian laws Minnesota had dictating what is considered a war party and the means of being able to take capital punishment ( action against war parties ( three or more indains in a group) and killing them) removed from the laws because of them and "getting with the times" but their bs f'ing need to feed my family and preserve my heritage with a modern boat and a commercially bought net still be valid. Minorities cry all over this country that it's white man is putting down on whatever minority when the real truth is they have better opportunities and way of life. Grants, funds and programs my WHITE children will never have because they more entitled to it than mine will ever be and if you bring the issue up you are a bigot and a racist. So go ahead a give me a label... I have a thick skin..they are the true racist with no care in the world and want me and my fellow sportsman to pick up the bill to pay to continue to restock a lake(s) because of them.

Posted on: 4/28 20:57:13

LSF Member
What happened to all men created equal ?

Posted on: 4/28 21:06:38

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page