Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Fish house parks, or?
LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I am looking for somewhere to park my wheelhouse for the summer so I can use it more. I was hoping to get into the new wheelhouse park at The Red Door Resort on Mille Lacs, but it sounds like they won't be done till mid summer.

I could go to another resort, like barnacles or wilderness, but is there any other options around the state? Is there any other lake resorts that do stuff like this, or is Mille lacs really the only area?

Open to all options.
Thanks

Posted on: 4/26 15:44:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fish house parks, or?
LSF Member
From Bloomington-Osakis
We spent several years at Fishermen's Wharf and were very happy. Appledorns, red door and others are good. Some are slightly geared towards adults /fishing/etc sme are more family oriented IMO. I can't speak for other lakes that you could bring a wheel house to.

Posted on: 4/26 16:39:55

LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
We camped in ours all over last year. You'd be surprised how many people at the campgrounds have fish houses. I'd say roughly 10% or so. Nobody really cares your camping in a fish house. They are all nice, and if you have a nice fish house you have people stopping all the time to check it out. the only problem you may run ito is if your door is on the drivers side like a lot of fish houses are. When you back it into the site, you will be staring at the neighbors.

Posted on: 4/26 17:31:49

LSF Member
Try goggle campgrounds in Minnesota.
I know there's some on Winni and LOW

Posted on: 4/26 17:55:18

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I'm talking about finding a seasonal spot.

For all the good reviews people have of the red door resort, they sure don't seem to have their **** together. I can't get them to answer a phone call or get a call back, and I've been jerked around with this wheelhouse park idea for a couple years now.

It looks like another year of towing all over to campgrounds, or trying to find a private lot to lease.

Posted on: 4/27 11:37:55

LSF Member
From Secret X
Red door is worried about there business up north on red than mille. They didn't even have a restaurant last winter cause they couldn't find a new cook I heard. Barnacles is awesome, Jim and Shelia don't bother ya and let you do your own thing.

Posted on: 4/27 13:12:48

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
I'm gonna take a cruise around Mille Lacs this weekend and check out some of these other resorts.

Posted on: 4/27 13:53:03

LSF Member
From Blaine
Lots of revamping and remodeling going on at the Red Door to prepare for another season. We have a place there and its not uncommon to have to leave a message and wait a couple days for a phone call back this time of year. I do not believe they staff there new office all day during this time of year with no real tourist draw yet.

I can not speak on the behalf of the wheel house park but we are in the "old" park and enjoy it very much there.

Posted on: 4/27 14:09:34

LSF Member
Barnacles has a seasonal rate, or you can come as needed and pay per stay.

Posted on: 4/27 14:28:25

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
My wife and I took a cruise around the lake this weekend to check out resorts, and one private lot. We decided that Lake Mille lacs probably isn't for us. Of the resorts that we found, barnacles looked the best, but we decided to pass and keep looking for a private lot to lease.

Posted on: 5/1 11:24:31

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page