Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Mille Lacs Stocking Results
LSF Member
Can someone put up the link to the study?

I was under the impression that these fry were dye marked to key in on first year survivability, and that the study had bupkis to do with Natural Reproduction.

Posted on: 5/1 9:20:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Duluth
Quote:

ClearCreek wrote:
I think Otter knows this data, which makes sense, is not a rumor at all. He knows the source and soon the info will be released.

Of course, very few of the posters here will believe it, as they refuse to let biological facts interfere with their preconceived notions and conspiracy theories.

ClearCreek

But might I add,there is probably a considerable number of people from all walks whom appreciate the efforts,in spite of circumstances and rhetoric.

Posted on: 5/1 10:30:08

LSF Member
From central mn
Agreed Chris,this token stocking of mille lacs is just that,might as well piss in the wind rather than wasting our tax money while the few continue to pilage the lake during spawn.

Posted on: 5/1 10:50:15

LSF Member
"The walleye fry project started earlier this spring when DNR biologists collected 160 quarts of walleye eggs from Mille Lacs Lake and fertilized them. The fry were hatched at a St. Paul facility and marked with oxytetracycline, a common antibiotic that places a mark on the fish’s ear bone. Biologists will catch them along with wild walleye this fall, look for the hatchery mark, and learn more about the lake’s walleye reproduction."

Yup. It's the first year survivability study as suspected.

Posted on: 5/1 11:16:08

LSF Member
Quote:

snow wrote:
Agreed Chris,this token stocking of mille lacs is just that,might as well piss in the wind rather than wasting our tax money while the few continue to pilage the lake during spawn.

The study may well help prove that the bands are not pillaging the lake or even having a major impact on it. It's rather sad when people are not interested in having their pet theory proven or disproven.

Posted on: 5/1 11:36:56

LSF Member
Quote:

LOW1 wrote:
Quote:

snow wrote:

The study may well help prove that the bands are not pillaging the lake or even having a major impact on it. It's rather sad when people are not interested in having their pet theory proven or disproven.

The mismanagement by the DNR has always been the central issue.

Posted on: 5/1 11:41:47

LSF Member
From Mn
Mismanagement has not been the central issue,At first it was BAN THE NETS lawsuits lost so different angles and MORE lawsuits went forward all losing.SO the " its the DNRs fault> was established by the same people who started Ban the nets trying a different approach that was always based on the first lawsuit!

The study will prove surival rates of YOY eyes

Posted on: 5/1 12:22:58

LSF Member
This changes my opinion quite a bit.If the eggs were captured from Millelacs walleyes then the study may be of some relevance to the population of the body of water.It's also possible this stocking effort could have an unwanted side effect.Small walleyes could feed the unwanted predators issues thus creating more unwanted effects.Where is the information regarding the stocking findings(study) of the lake??????The only info I could find was press releases and Strib article about Governor Dayton wanting to "stock the lake".Still on a lake of this size the absolute numbers are a guess at best.An estimate is still better than nothing.Im not against honest scientific study.WE (all People) deserve honest efforts and answers by and from our elected officials as well as the hired employees of the various agencies to deliver good information to the public.After all it's our hard earned dollars at "work?" here right????Who's watching the watchdogs??????I realize nothings perfect when it comes to government.This continues to be the most expensive public policy nightmare the Minnesota fisheries Department has ever seen.Hard to make a real move when your political left hand and legal right hands are bound together!!!!!!c63

Posted on: 5/1 13:31:45

LSF Member
From central mn
LOW,No impact eh?Hmmm,so what happened to the lakes in the ceded territory in wisc?Oh yeah,my bad they runined they're lakes now venture to minnesota and what happened to LOW walleye population many years ago,cass,winni and most recently red lake and now the mother of monster walleyes is on the down ward swing lake winnipeg...Yeah right,netting has nothing to do with our walleye population,good grief.

Posted on: 5/1 13:47:39

LSF Member
From Mn
chris63 heres a link,I aint red all of any but naybe you can find what yer lookin for?
http://google.dnr.state.mn.us/search?site=PublicSite&client=PublicSite&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=PublicSite&q=Mille+Lacs+stocking+of+marked+fry

If I remember right this fall the DNR will do electro shorelines stun and count YOY marked YOY an natural production.to get a idea of whats up

Posted on: 5/1 13:54:15

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page