Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Mille Lacs Stocking Results
LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

snow wrote:
LOW,No impact eh?Hmmm,so what happened to the lakes in the ceded territory in wisc?Oh yeah,my bad they runined they're lakes now venture to minnesota and what happened to LOW walleye population many years ago,cass,winni and most recently red lake and now the mother of monster walleyes is on the down ward swing lake winnipeg...Yeah right,netting has nothing to do with our walleye population,good grief.

Thats totally different!! When that first happened Wisc, white citizens armed themselves and threatened at the boat landings anyone who had a net,Police had to do their thing to quell that and I dont blame the natives for saying screwoff its our right according to a contract with the US govt.
Big hassles,big headlines in newspapers fearing many murders of natives by armed mobs of whites!!
Minnesota aint like that,they dont even take what their allowed.Maybe if we treated them like Wisc. did they would take all they could BUT They dont!

Posted on: 5/1 14:02:43

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
So they stocked 10 million walleye fry, and in a test of 700 fish only found 28 (4%) that were from the 10 million stocked. And what conclusion were we supposed to derive from this severely limited sample?

Bander is right in that it's designed for first year survivability. Apparently, they needed additional confirmation of this above and beyond the Blue Panel report.

Additionally, no one that I've seen has disputed that Mille Lacs has great recruitment. Just that the #'s of recruitment (ie fertilized eggs in the system) are lowered when fish are taken out while trying to doing their deed. That is a fact. Yes, they are also lowered from fish taken at other parts of the year, but that impact is undeterminable as those fish could have died from a number of other events over the course of the year. The one's literally in the process of spawning, were the survivors, and everyone removed has a multiplier effect since they spawn millions of eggs per fish. If netting/spearing were moved out of the spawn, we likely wouldn't have these on-going debates.

Posted on: 5/1 14:07:12

LSF Member
Yep......thanks for that .Already found that info.........check out the uofm findings on millelacs.very interesting......not looking to find anyone "at fault"of anything here.Hoping to keep the lakes healthy for the next generations of ALL humans and creatures alike!!!!c63

Posted on: 5/1 14:12:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Thats totally different!! When that first happened Wisc, white citizens armed themselves and threatened at the boat landings anyone who had a net,Police had to do their thing to quell that and I dont blame the natives for saying screwoff its our right according to a contract with the US govt.
Big hassles,big headlines in newspapers fearing many murders of natives by armed mobs of whites!!
Minnesota aint like that,they dont even take what their allowed.Maybe if we treated them like Wisc. did they would take all they could BUT They dont!

Don't go making this White Vs Red

This is Red Vs Everyone Else (or do you think Black, Brown, and Yellow don't fish Mille Lac)

Posted on: 5/1 14:20:24

LSF Member
In transit oxytetracycline studies have been around for 25to30 years as far as I can tell.Not new to fisheries departments at all.These as all scientific studies are extremely expensive and not sure if the outcome is worth the investment?What do these 28 fish really tell us?c63

Posted on: 5/1 14:20:37

LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:
Quote:

dew2 wrote:

Don't go making this White Vs Red

This is Red Vs Everyone Else (or do you think Black, Brown, and Yellow don't fish Mille Lac)
Thats EXACTALLY what is was in WISC. A spade is a spade

Posted on: 5/1 14:25:05

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

Well we don't know that, as there are many documented cases of spearers, netters, and wanton waste (fish dumping) being taken by Indians without being counted toward any quota.

Posted on: 5/1 14:28:07

LSF Member

Posted on: 5/1 14:30:03

LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

BigWerm wrote:
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

Well we don't know that, as there are many documented cases of spearers, netters, and wanton waste (fish dumping) being taken by Indians without being counted toward any quota.
Yet we go over our quota and thats OK?? uffta!!
Maybe to show us, the netters should take their FULL quota which they NEVER have done!But we seem to take ours then ask for what they left form not taking ALL theirs. How would that go over with the few who push this endlessly!?
Document cases??Show me a sheriff, DNR case showing that the netters or natives are at fault.
Somuch hate from so few I say it was a setup!

Posted on: 5/1 14:57:01

LSF Member
From Chaska, MN
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

BigWerm wrote:
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

Yet we go over our quota and thats OK?? uffta!!
Maybe to show us, the netters should take their FULL quota which they NEVER have done!But we seem to take ours then ask for what they left form not taking ALL theirs. How would that go over with the few who push this endlessly!?
Document cases??Show me a sheriff, DNR case showing that the netters or natives are at fault.
Somuch hate from so few I say it was a setup!

Where did I say it was ok? Although if we are comparing exceeding quota, I would much prefer a struggling lake (DNR's words) quota be exceeded by debatable math (hooking mortality), than certain death (net/spear/wanton waste).

Also, there are plenty of video's on YouTube showing trucks full of netted/speared walleye's leaving the access unaccounted for. As well as Operation Squarehook which they attempted to prosecute. And the recurring wanton waste documented here: http://www.startribune.com/hundreds-of-walleyes-dumped/90997834/

And here: http://www.messagemedia.co/millelacs/wanton-waste-of-fish-investigated/article_37b1fd89-64de-577f-a1c8-433349239f87.html

Posted on: 5/1 16:04:23

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Topic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page