Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Mn camping destinations
LSF Member
From Buffalo, MN
Quote:

scrapedogg wrote:
How about places where there are just a few camp sites without any services, anyone know how to find those? It's always touch and go when you show up and someone's already set up there, but man the big campgrounds are ridiculous. Drive out into nature in order to jam 8000 people into a 5 acre site with pavement roads...........

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/superior/recreation/camping-cabins/?cid=stelprdb5365691&width=full

Posted on: 5/3 7:07:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
If you think you want to do any of the north shore state parks then you best decide quickly and get something booked. Most of the parks along the north shore book up fast. If you want the best sites you usually need to book over the winter.

There are also USFS campgrounds along the Gunflint trail that are nice. Not as many amenities as a state park but they are in beautiful areas and you could easily rent a canoe from any one of the nearby outfitters and do day trips in the BWCA for some fishing or exploring.

Posted on: 5/3 9:20:24

LSF Member
The USFS campground on Fall Lake just outside of Ely is one of my families favorites.

Posted on: 5/3 9:55:46

LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

Joehere wrote:
Nemaji State Forest campground,,,if you're into atv/dirt bike,,,during the week it's pretty quiet, main campground area @12 spots only,hand well,vaulted.During the week a tent campers dream,@3 sites 20' from the waters edge. Panfish for kids,40-50 acre lake. It was expanded awhile back but the new part is not very close,still only holds 20-30 sites. Small river for canoe ride. Gas,groceries and beverages in Ducette 30 minutes away,nice little pub in Nickerson.
If yer talkin about Pickeral lake an Tamerak river,The town of Duquette Gaffert camp ground ??The place turned into a zoo for ATV's 4wheelers.I lived 10 miles away down by Nickerson and watched it turn to a motor hell hole! No peace an quiet in the late 80s an it only got worse for noise!
To the original poster looking for a slow quiet place. Where you live? If your close to the Mn river valley Look up camp grounds in renville county.Fishin the river is great,people seldom use the parks,I get all my Morels from that area ramps also + catfish over 20 lbs shore fishin.Need more info? PM me I dont log on often BUT its a long season.It's said the Mn river in that area is the boundry waters of the south.I vouch for that!!!

Posted on: 5/3 18:35:19

LSF Member
From Duluth
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

Joehere wrote:
Nemaji State Forest campground,,,if you're into atv/dirt bike,,,during the week it's pretty quiet, main campground area @12 spots only,hand well,vaulted.During the week a tent campers dream,@3 sites 20' from the waters edge. Panfish for kids,40-50 acre lake. It was expanded awhile back but the new part is not very close,still only holds 20-30 sites. Small river for canoe ride. Gas,groceries and beverages in Ducette 30 minutes away,nice little pub in Nickerson.
If yer talkin about Pickerl laks Gaffert camp ground or something like that??The place turned into a zoo for ATV's 4wheelers.I lived 10 miles awat down by Nickerson and watched it turn to a motor hell hole! No peace an quiet!
To the original poster looking for a slow quiet place. Where you live? If your close to the Mn river valley Look up camp grounds in renville county.Fishin the river is great,people seldom use the parks,I get all my Morels from that area ramps also + catfish over 20 lbs shore fishin.Need more in fo PM me I dont log on ofter BUT its a lond season.It's said the Mn river in that area is the boundry waters of the south.I vouch for that!!!

Like I said,,,,if you're into atv/dirt bikes,,,,during the week it's (still) pretty quiet. I have been going there for 40yrs and still do (during the week). Take it easy big fella,didn't mean to upset ya.

Posted on: 5/3 18:48:30

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page