Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Nice lake for Cabin in WI
LSF Member
Just starting to look around for cabins and I dont have a lot of knowledge on the Wisconsin lakes near the MN border. Hoping to stay within 2hrs of St Paul and have been looking up around Danbury and Cumberland area. Anybody that has spent some time in that area have any recommendations? Primarily looking for a decent walleye lake with recreational opportunities for the young ones.

Thanks!

Posted on: 5/2 7:58:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Nice lake for Cabin in WI
LSF Member
Devils Lake between Webster and Danbury WI is a nice, clean water lake with a decent population of fish, including Walleye. The clean water makes it nice for recreation, but a little tougher for fishing. But I have friends on the lake and the fish are there if you can find them.

I fish Yellow Lake more, nearby to Devils, but it gets green and gets swimmers itch later in the year, so not so good for water sports.

Good Walleye lakes in that area are hard to come by. They are open to Indian netting, just like Mille Lacs, and I have yet to find a consistently good Walleye lake in that area.

If you don't mind being on a river, the upper St. Croix is one of the best fishing waters anywhere, and not well known or used.

Posted on: 5/2 10:44:29

Re: Nice lake for Cabin in WI
LSF Member
From Hopkins/Pine City, MN
Have you ever checked Voyager Village in the Danbury area. They have lots for sale to build cabins or camp. Yellow lake is right down the road. There are a couple smaller lakes located nearby, golf courses, access to a pool for the kids, etc.

Posted on: 5/2 23:49:40

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page