Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Skunk sprayed my dog
LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
Tie rope to handle of live trap, take live trap and go to your friends lake place and toss trap into lake. once commotion stops pull up dead skunk and toss in ditch across from friends place.

Never ever do this off your dock due to skunk might spray in trap and when you pull it off the bottom smell possibly could get on your dock. Don't ask me how I know this......

Posted on: 5/3 11:33:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Duluth
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Tie rope to handle of live trap, take live trap and go to your friends lake place and toss trap into lake. once commotion stops pull up dead skunk and toss in ditch across from friends place.

Never ever do this off your dock due to skunk might spray in trap and when you pull it off the bottom smell possibly could get on your dock. Don't ask me how I know this......

Posted on: 5/3 11:48:52

LSF Member
Trap him/her and move them, or have someone do it for you Mill.

No reason to whack the poor bugger just for doin what they do.

Posted on: 5/3 12:02:59

LSF Member
From MPLS, Deerwood
Quote:

snow wrote:
I get a kick out of these skunk home remidies,fact is what would ya do out pheasant hunting? middle of no where? can't tell ya how many times over the years with different gun dogs that got nailed by a skunk.

Years back while in western Mn hunting pup got nailed,went to town and bought 2gal of tomato juice,waste of money,shampoo...nope,just spread that yellow piss all over,got home and called my vet,avid hunter and he carries a product called "shunk off" comes in a spray bottle and works on contact no stink what soever they also carry a concentrate for folks that try the above methods only to lock in the stink,works on clothing as well.

So,that small bottle of skunk off goes on every hunting trip these days whether its my dog or someone else its invaluable to have along.

We actually carry the supplies to whip up a batch of the Peroxide/Dawn/Baking soda mix in the vehicle when we are upland hunting. I've seen dogs going down the road in the their crates lashed to the roof rack and I know why.

The pre-bottled stuff is pretty good, but not quite as good as the homemade stuff. Just make sure that the peroxide is fresh, as it turns into water over the course of a year (?) or so.

Posted on: 5/4 0:12:26

LSF Member
From MPLS, Deerwood
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:

We aren't running out of skunks...

Posted on: 5/4 0:12:54

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

Bandersnatch wrote:

Skunks do eat a lot of nuisance bugs and animals but there are a lot of other predators for those you could have around that won't burn your nostril hair out. Kill the skunk. If it's spending time that close to your house/buildings, it's only a matter of time before a person gets hit.

Posted on: 5/4 7:45:05

LSF Member
From central mn
Also,I forget the actual #'s per square mile but skunks are known to carry rabies more so than coons or like critters,skunks like coon are mostly nocturnal meaning if ya see them out during daylight most likely something is a miss.

Posted on: 5/4 10:38:25

Field Staff
From Hubbard County,MN
A 220 conabear in a bucket set will solve your problem.

Posted on: 5/4 11:58:14

To belittle is to be little

LSF Member
From Hopkins/Pine City, MN
I had something digging under my cabin, set up a conibear trap and got a skunk. Unfortunately when the trap sprung the skunk sprayed.

Everytime it rained I could smell skunk in the yard, for about the next 6 months!

I'm told that the Dawn dish soap works well on the dogs, because the skunk spray is actually an oil the skunk makes. Dawn dish soap breaks down that oil.

Posted on: 5/5 0:29:43

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page