Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

MN Opener
LSF Member
Been hitting up the fishing forums, like I do every year, and this is BY FAR the least amount of MN Fishing Opener talk I have ever seen, and just a week from opener.

The early spring is telling me the opener will be good fishing all around the state, with fish in a hungry mood way past spawning. Long range weather forecast looks good, with mid 60's, some sun, and a good Walleye chop. Looking forward to getting together with a group of friends again for another opener, its always fun.

Couple of buddies up North have been hitting the Crappie holes pretty heavy, with hit and miss results, but they get the occasional Walleye to hook up, and they said they are all past spawn that they are catching. So that tells me the lakes are 1-1/2 to 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Tight lines, stay safe!!!

Posted on: 5/4 8:42:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: MN Opener
LSF Member
That's because the forums are all but dead. I guess everyone moved on to Facebook.

But I have to agree.... Looking forward to wetting a line myself and having a good time with the boys..

Posted on: 5/4 11:20:18

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
It's the time of year where everyone starts to spend more time out of the house getting spring cleaning taken care of and spending time with friends and neighbors. It's a repetitive cycle but is to be expected. We can't always have the traffic like we see around ice up on here when everyone has the itch to get out!

Unfortunately for me I'll be unable to fish on opener as I will be in Fargo watching my brother graduate from NDSU. I don't much miss opener weekend to be honest as it seems to be a lot of hassle with the crowds. The following weekend things tend to slow down a bit and I can enjoy my time out on the water vs. playing bumper boats. However, if I had the opportunity, I'd probably be out as the forecast looks pretty nice! Good luck to those of you that get to wet a line and don't forget to report back!

Posted on: 5/4 11:30:17

LSF Member
Highbreeze24,

I will be in your shoes in a couple of years, my son is a Sophomore at NDSU. I actually have to run up and get him on Friday before opener, but at least that doesn't mess with the weekend activities.

Posted on: 5/4 11:48:20

LSF Member
From Metro
I usually skip opener because of the crowds, but I'm excited for the weekend after. Don't have plans yet, but I will. Opening weekend I usually get new life jackets, boat cushions, and nets from the side of the highway. Ha ha ha strap 'em down boys! On the other hand, don't, kids need new life jackets.

Posted on: 5/4 18:13:45

LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
I got a launch trip booked on Mille Lacs. 1-5 pm and 6-10 pm for me and the oldest (9yo) boy. His birthday was yesterday and we asked a couple weeks ago if he wanted a party or what he wanted to do. He said he wanted to go fishing on ML's. Since I don't have a boat sea worthy of a lake of that size, I booked a launch for us..... but I'm waiting on a call from a boat that's on Craig's list.
😈 Don't tell momma! Lol.

Posted on: 5/4 18:36:20

LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
Boats sold.......

Posted on: 5/4 20:09:12

LSF Member
From Wright County, MN
Kids got a vendetta against a couple of 27"ers.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0041.JPG (994.21 KB)
27948_590bddd9de401.jpg 1536X2048 px

jpg  IMG_0057.JPG (684.98 KB)
27948_590bddfaaec28.jpg 1536X2048 px

Posted on: 5/4 21:05:59

LSF Member
From Minnetonka
Water temps up north are still cold in my opinion. I was getting mid 40s last week. The crappies have not moved onto shorelines yet. But we did catch some in a little deeper water. I will be crappies fishing this weekend and of course walleye chasing on the opener. I love the opener but I guess the crowds don't bother me as much as other guys it seems...

Posted on: 5/4 23:13:33

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page