From Bloomington
I think this says it all.

Bye Bye.

http://www.gandermountain.com/

Posted on: 5/5 16:30:44

Re: More Gander Mountain news.
LSF Member
From pillager, mn
it will be a better view in the baxter area if this one goes away! after dealing with reeds that was here for a short time and sold down the river by the gander deal, I for one will smile to see it float away! please bring back the reeds store with a strong history and great products!! service is unbeatable at reeds!!!!

Posted on: 5/5 19:13:39

LSF Member
Don't bother checking out the liquidation sale, nothing you can't get other places. And if you've ever seen the way the founder of reeds conducts himself and treats people you would never go there.

Posted on: 5/5 20:17:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From vadnais heights
I really like reeds. They have a much more informed staff than gander ever did.

Posted on: 5/5 21:39:01

LSF Member
From 320
Bummer.. I frequent the Waite Park location quite often. Always was satisfied with the staff and service provided, particularly the fishing dept. Easy to tell that those guys fish a lot and were knowledgeable about all the different products and equipment. Yeah Reeds is nice, but not when you live an hour away from it...

**UPDATE**
Searched GM on twitter, check that out for better info.

Posted on: 5/5 21:41:53

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I wonder if any of the deals will be good. I went to the Rogers one a few weeks ago and the deals weren't that good. I did buy some clothing because it was 30% off already and that day they had an additional 10% of everything in the store. I have had good luck with a lot of their guide ware series clothes. If I can get some more hiking pants, fishing shirts, etc for half off or better I'd probably buy some.

Also liked shooting at the range in the Lakeville one. On tuesdays if you brought a girl you shot for free... It was a real good deal.

Posted on: 5/6 8:02:57

LSF Member
From walker
You must have had a bad experience at Reeds? A great store, great customer service and Jeff Arnold is tops! and no he was not the founder of Reeds. Met the founder a few years ago Roy Reed, who has since passed

Posted on: 5/6 8:17:45

LSF Member
Deals were a joke!!! Not much for deals at all. Not worth the 3 minute drive. Not unlike most trips to Gander.

Posted on: 5/6 19:18:57

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Went to check the "deals" out. Equine fecal matter. Most of the 10-20% off their already inflated prices don't mean much at all.

Posted on: 5/6 21:32:00

LSF Member
From Forest Lake
I am sad to see them go. I generally like much of the guide wear gear more than Cabelas stuff. It will be a long drive from Forest Lake to go to a big hunting / flishing store now.

Posted on: 5/6 22:26:29

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page