Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

How do you fish ML on the opener?
LSF Member
How do you prefer to fish ML this time of year - depth, structure, bait, presentations? Just looking for your ideas.

Posted on: 5/7 21:36:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: How do you fish ML on the opener?
LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Rocks at sunset and after dark. Drifting rock ledges or sand mid day depth depends on wind could be as shallow as 6 feet or as deep as 24. I'm guessing with the early ice out we may even run out to the mud

Posted on: 5/7 21:49:58

LSF Member
I will be starting on the north end, out of Barnacles ... may even start at midnight trolling shallow cranks in the sand. Otherwise minnows and leeches Saturday morning working the breaks, moving to other structures. I will check out the closer mud flats too.
Will be watching bobbers Saturday evening.
Do it all over again on Sunday. Early weather forecast looks great too!!! Good luck.

Posted on: 5/8 8:13:22

LSF Member
I'm lazy!

Bobber fishing rocks in the early morning, or early evening.

Posted on: 5/8 11:35:31

Anonymous
I take a chair, a few buddies and a cooler and watch people at the launch. If I'm not doing that I'm slip bobbering.

Posted on: 5/8 12:57:59

LSF Member
From central mn
I'm curious about folks coming to mille lacs this opener,all catch and release,I'm sure this will effect some folks plans,nothing better than a fresh walleye fry...for the folks that depend on tourism I hope they ring the bell this year on opening,they need it.

Posted on: 5/8 13:41:46

LSF Member
From Minnesota
You can fish the pond just about any way you like this year on opener. Bobbers troll cranks lindy rigs and jigs with minnow or leech. Cast rippin raps or jigging raps. Most openers guys are up on the North end sand but with early ice out I think fish will be all over. Rocks sand mud. If you are not graphing fish move. I will be starting shallow and moving out deeper and the reverse that as the sun goes down. Will be doing all of the above for presentations this weekend can't wait.

Posted on: 5/8 15:25:01

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
Just got home from the pond did a trial run with my new to me electronics can't wait for 12am Saturday fishing should be good I was able to get a few oanfish today so I may still be able to have a fish fry on opener

Posted on: 5/8 15:39:25

LSF Member
Quote:

f4rcr wrote:
Just got home from the pond did a trial run with my new to me electronics can't wait for 12am Saturday fishing should be good I was able to get a few oanfish today so I may still be able to have a fish fry on opener

What were the water temps?

Posted on: 5/8 18:09:28

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
I didn't pay real close attention but did see 50 to 56 I also did not go into any harbors in sure those are warmer

Posted on: 5/9 7:19:19

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page