Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Minnkota and humminbird ipilot link
LSF Member
From Mora
Ive been out fishing acouple of times so Im still learning how the ipilot and humminbird work so Im looking for some help since Im having trouble trying to use follow the contour and go to a way poiint. Able to control the minnkota through the humminbird except those two things. Is there something in the settings or why arent those two things working? Frustrating. Any ideas?

Posted on: 5/8 8:19:20

Re: Minnkota and humminbird ipilot link
LSF Member
To follow the contour you need to scroll to the depth line you want to follow, press the "go to" button.

A menu will come up with options to either follow contour or go to.

You need to be on the on you want then select the "right" cursor button which will then ask for direction and you select the "right" cursor button again.

Pretty easy. You should have a quick reference that came with your motor.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=3001

Posted on: 5/8 10:25:22
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Mora
Quote:

Janderson wrote:
To follow the contour you need to scroll to the depth line you want to follow, press the "go to" button.

You need to be on the on you want then select the "right" cursor button which will then ask for direction and you select the "right" cursor button again.

yes thats exactly how I do it but, it doesnt work. Tried to navigate to a waypoint too but, it goes off in a different direction. Spotlock and autopilot and itracks all work but, not waypoints and contour. I dont understand it

Posted on: 5/8 11:50:25

LSF Member
Do you have the latest updates installed on your units?

Posted on: 5/8 12:20:51
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI

LSF Member
From Mora
I have no idea I just got both of them about a,month ago so I've just started playing with them here in the last few weeks. Minnkota has software updates?

Posted on: 5/8 12:34:19

LSF Member
Yes. Register your units on Humminbird.com. They will have directions on how to update the softward for your unit on that site. There are also a few good youtube videos on how to update the units. It is very simply but you have to follow the directions exactly. You will need an sd card for the update.

Posted on: 5/8 14:16:36
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI

LSF Member
Quote:

crestlinerman wrote:
Quote:

Janderson wrote:

yes thats exactly how I do it but, it doesnt work. Tried to navigate to a waypoint too but, it goes off in a different direction. Spotlock and autopilot and itracks all work but, not waypoints and contour. I dont understand it

So... just to be clear... when you say it doesn't work, are you saying that you're able to navigate through all the menu options Janderson laid out, and then your unit just doesn't follow the countour? Or are you saying that you aren't able to navigate through the menu options?

Posted on: 5/8 21:06:52

LSF Member
From Mora
Quote:

IronDioPriest wrote:
Quote:

crestlinerman wrote:
Quote:

Janderson wrote:

So... just to be clear... when you say it doesn't work, are you saying that you're able to navigate through all the menu options Janderson laid out, and then your unit just doesn't follow the countour? Or are you saying that you aren't able to navigate through the menu options?

No the menu options are all there but, when I set it to either navigate to a way point or to follow a contour it doesnt do it

Posted on: 5/8 22:29:46

LSF Member
If you're getting to the step of choosing either the light blue or orangish-pink directional lines, choosing one of them, and then your ipilot is not navigating your boat roughly along that line, then the updates suggested earlier should solve your problem.

Posted on: 5/8 23:53:51

LSF Member
This may be a dumb question, but when you select the contour or waypoint to go to, are you then pressing the prop button on the remote to turn the prop on? For example, when selection a contour it gives you the two different colors for the direction you want to go, you choose one and on the Humminbird it appears that you're good to go, but you still need to push the prop button on the Minn Kota remote to engage the prop and start moving. Same thing when selecting a waypoint to go to. I was a little confused that you still need to engage the prop when I first played around the ipilot link.

Posted on: 5/9 8:38:54

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page