Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Minnkota and humminbird ipilot link
LSF Member
Quote:

MasterGopherHunter wrote:
This may be a dumb question, but when you select the contour or waypoint to go to, are you then pressing the prop button on the remote to turn the prop on? For example, when selection a contour it gives you the two different colors for the direction you want to go, you choose one and on the Humminbird it appears that you're good to go, but you still need to push the prop button on the Minn Kota remote to engage the prop and start moving. Same thing when selecting a waypoint to go to. I was a little confused that you still need to engage the prop when I first played around the ipilot link.

Excellent point as well. You can also get it to automatically turn on when selecting these features in the remote menu.

Either way...update your units!

Posted on: 5/9 9:07:15
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Mora
Yes after selecting what I want it to do I used the remote and I also used the humminbird to turn the prop on but, the trolling would only go in whatever direction it happen to facing. Going to update the software tomorrow on both units and hopefully that solves the problem otherwise I have no idea what the problem is.

Posted on: 5/9 17:33:16

LSF Member
From Mora
Well I did the update today and I think it made it worse. It shows that ipilot is connected to the humminbird but, when I go to the accessories menu and go down to turn on prop the prop doesnt turn on. If i hit the the power button it will bring up an option to turn the prop on which it does. Ugh technology can be so frustrating sometimes.

Posted on: 5/10 14:48:43

LSF Member
Quote:

crestlinerman wrote:
Well I did the update today and I think it made it worse. It shows that ipilot is connected to the humminbird but, when I go to the accessories menu and go down to turn on prop the prop doesnt turn on. If i hit the the power button it will bring up an option to turn the prop on which it does. Ugh technology can be so frustrating sometimes.

Frustrating I'm sure.

What model Humminbird and Minn kota do you have?

Where are you located?

Posted on: 5/11 10:58:48
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI

LSF Member
Make you you have the trolling motor deployed before testing it out. I think the powerdrives work without being deployed but the terrovas do not without deployment.

Joel

Posted on: 5/11 11:02:45
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI

Staff Team
From Bloomington
I am having the same issues. It goes as far as highlight ing the conture line in yellow then but doesn't follow the line. Software version is 7.650.

Beyond frustrating!

Posted on: 5/13 12:19:29

LSF Member
From Mora
Quote:

orandausa wrote:
I am having the same issues. It goes as far as highlight ing the conture line in yellow then but doesn't follow the line. Software version is 7.650.

Beyond frustrating!

Exactly the same problem I was having. Sucks when u spend that kind of money on equipment and it doesn't do what u want it to

Posted on: 5/14 8:51:41

LSF Member
Are you guys pressing the arrow to the right in the drop down? Once you choose pink or blue, you have to do one final step: press the arrow to the right to enter your selection.

Posted on: 5/14 17:34:16

Staff Team
From Bloomington
yep doing that. like I said it even highlights the couture line in yellow. I updated the software on the humminbird to the latest greatest. Time to call their support folks I think.

One thing I thing is note worthy is I set a Waypoint about 400 yards ahead and tried to GOTO that and it said it was too far away.

Got a Teratova and the bird 859ciHD and minn kota terrova i pilot link. Bought as a set so they would work together.

Posted on: 5/14 18:59:52

Staff Team
From Bloomington
So what manufacturer should I start with for support? My fear is with three involved I am anticipating a three way finger pointing with no solution.

Posted on: 5/15 11:19:59

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page