Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

FYI Helix & Onix update warning
LSF Member
From Ham Lake
This was posted by Uncut Angling on FB for Helix and Onix guys. This is all I know and am forwarding it.

HUMMINBIRD USERS: Do NOT download the latest April 17th software versions for your Helix (1.400) or Onix (3). It is causing issues with AutoChart Live mapping for me and others. It may not affect your unit or waterbody, but at this point I would hold off on the update unless you absolutely need it for some other compatibility reason.

Posted on: 5/11 13:21:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: FYI Helix & Onix update warning
LSF Member
From GODS country
I just got off the phone with humminbird and they are denying any issues.
That's odd because my Onix is scheduled to be sent in because Auto chart keeps locking up and there are other issues with it also.
And YES, I did install the newest update on it and my Helix.
Haven't had a chance to see if the Helix is ok.

Posted on: 5/11 16:18:25

Re: FYI Helix & Onix update warning
LSF Member
From Ham Lake
I had the update done before I used it last weekend. I have the Helix 7 SI G2N. While I was mapping and try to zoom out it would zoom but then freeze for a few seconds while it repainted the screen with my new mapping. Filling in eventually.
Aaron from Uncut Angling kind of made reference in his latest video that they were dealing with trolling motor/locater issues so maybe they discovered something.

Posted on: 5/11 20:24:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page