Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

East Rush figuring out the walleye
LSF Member
So I can't find the walleye on Rush. I've fished east and west for a few years now and often give up to fish pike or bass. I did good on Mille Lacs on Saturday. Sunday I went back to rush. First spot I pulled up on, someone pulled in a nice sized eye just a I got there. He quickly unhooked it ind threw his line in the water like nothing happened. I gave him his room and moved to another spot and used a jig with a leach. Just caught pike and some rather large sunfish. Any advice from someone who knows the lake would be greatly appreciated. Location, depth, technique, ect. Btw, I'm a catch and release guy so no need to worry about me stockpiling my freezer. That's why I don't mind the big pond. But living in isanti, I don't always want to drive that far.

Posted on: 5/15 14:21:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: East Rush figuring out the walleye
LSF Member
East lake is a weed line bite. That's all that there is really. So pick a spot with a defined week line and work it how you will.

Posted on: 5/15 15:17:38

LSF Member
Sounds like exactly the spot where I seen the guy pull one in sharp break and a defined weed line.

Posted on: 5/15 15:22:34

LSF Member
Still no luck. Nothing but pan fish stealing bait. They also chew the tails off of berkly gulp alive.

Posted on: 5/16 20:55:46

LSF Member
From Pine City, MN.
If the panfish are there the bigger fish will be there also.
it's like a dinner table for them.
it pannies are bothering your offerings up size to not encourage them.
try larger minnows or larger plastics walleyes will eat them.
you would be surprised at the size of baits (pike/musky) and lures
that we have caught walleyes and bass on.
keep trying the fish are there (in the weeds) they live and hunt there.

Posted on: 5/17 7:37:28

LSF Member
From Blaine
I was on west rush on fathers day with my brother. we trolled around quite a bit, did some bass fishing, and eventually ended up trolling shallow shad raps in about 7 fow, right beside the weeds. We stumbled into about six walleye that way.

Posted on: 7/22 16:02:14

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page