Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Cranking Battery Question...
LSF Member
So... I charged the battery to full with the charger set on 10 amp setting according to Some advice I got. (Until now, I have always used the 2 amp setting.) After fully charged, I removed the charger and let it sit for about 12 hours. Volt tested this morning at 12.72 at the battery terminals.

I turned on the master switch and volt tested again, and it read 12.70.
I turned on the console graph and it volt tested at 12.65.
I turned on one of the bow graphs and it volt tested at 12.55.
I turned on the 3rd graph and it volt tested at 12.50.
Finally, I turned them all off, and turned off the master switch, and the battery tested at 12.62.

What, if anything, does this tell me?

Posted on: 5/17 12:15:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Mn
Quote:

IronDioPriest wrote:
So... I charged the battery to full with the charger set on 10 amp setting according to Some advice I got. (Until now, I have always used the 2 amp setting.) After fully charged, I removed the charger and let it sit for about 12 hours. Volt tested this morning at 12.72 at the battery terminals.

Finally, I turned them all off, and turned off the master switch, and the battery tested at 12.62.

console graph had a draw of .05. bow had a draw of .10 twice the amount? then the other 3ed graph dropped voltage .05.the master switch dropped .02.I think you have a wire short somewhere between bow graph an master switch.Seeing the other two draw .05 and one draws .10.Turning on a master switch shouldnt draw any power not untill a source to use power is turned on. The battery drop leads me to think a short in there

Posted on: 5/17 16:48:35

LSF Member
Quote:

dew2 wrote:
Quote:

IronDioPriest wrote:

console graph had a draw of .05. bow had a draw of .10 twice the amount? then the other 3ed graph dropped voltage .05.the master switch dropped .02.I think you have a wire short somewhere between bow graph an master switch.Seeing the other two draw .05 and one draws .10.Turning on a master switch shouldnt draw any power not untill a source to use power is turned on. The battery drop leads me to think a short in there

The console graph uses a puck, and from what I understand, whenever there is power to the unit, the GPS draws current whether the graph is on or not. Also, my gauges all light up when the master switch is in the on position. So there is some draw of current when the master switch is on, even if it is a little bit.

Still, I will consider your advice. Quite possible there is a short.

Posted on: 5/17 18:48:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page