Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Basswood
LSF Member
Any updates from the range on opener. Headed to Basswood tomorrow and looking for some tips before we get to it. Have found fish in as little as 3 FOW down to as deep as 50 this time of year. Always a blast though, can't wait to head up!

Posted on: 5/16 10:38:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Basswood
LSF Member
We have really struggled on our annual trip to Basswood the last few years. Been going for 10+ every year.

Posted on: 5/19 15:00:00

LSF Member
From The shack
I was on a neighboring lake. We caught our limits of males not one over 17 inches in 14 feet of water. With a jig and a minnow. Had to be pink and white tho. I had 6 to my father law's 1 till he switched than it was pretty even after that.

Posted on: 5/20 6:54:56

LSF Member
Fishing on Basswood for Walleyes can be tough and this year that was definitely the case. We did catch walleyes and some big ones at that but it was not easy going. Most of the fish were caught out in the main lake off of main lake points in water as shallow as 20 and deep as 60. All on minnows and jig-heads. The springs have been coming earlier and earlier meaning the fish are either typically in post-spawn or even summer locations. When the springs were later there are times when the spawn is happening right during the middle of opener which makes them an easy target. Bass were starting to stage in the shallows but the weather pushed many back out deep again I'm sure. Some days it was so windy it was difficult to even hold on spots, happens on a big lake like basswood. With improved weather I would anticipate improved fishing. Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait until next year to try it again.

Posted on: 5/22 12:54:49

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page