Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Uram Bay
LSF Member
My family and I are heading to Leech Sunday and staying until Wednesday. We have already hired fancaster for Tuesday for walleye (2nd time, worth every penny) however I want to stay close and fish for a variety of other species. Uram is close to where I am staying (horseshoe bay) and just wanting to know if it is a good bay to fish.

Posted on: 5/17 8:06:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Uram Bay
LSF Member
indystbn,

I am far from an expert, but I have stayed at the Anderson Resorts a few times in resent years, right by Uram Bay. Since it is close, we have fished it extensively, for all species, and I can tell my my experience, there is no fish in that bay. We have caught small sunfish, a couple of hammer handle Northern Pike, and that is it. I have seen other boats in there, but never saw any catching fish.

We have had decent luck fishing Walleye on the bar that extends out to the East from the Southern point of Horseshoe bay, and of course you have Stony Point to the North.

Posted on: 5/17 11:15:12

LSF Member
From IGH
I had one of the best days/nights of fishing I have ever had on leech in uram a few years back on opener. It was on the first point on the south east side of the bay(rocky road point)? I don't usually fish that side of the lake. There's some nice reefs just west of uram also that hold fish. We did great this year on opener with large shiners and rigging with leeches. The people fishing faster seamed to do better. Our ticket was .7- 1.0 mph longlining 1/4 oz jigs in 12-17' FOW. If ya can't get big shiners doubling up on rainbows worked also. Good luck!

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_7906.JPG (1,229.75 KB)
7543_591c893d556d5.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 5/17 12:33:50

LSF Member
From IGH
Triple!

Posted on: 5/17 12:34:39

LSF Member
Thanks guys. I am just looking for a good spot near horseshoe for bigger pike and maybe sunfish. I don't need specific spots just mere suggestions.

Posted on: 5/17 14:40:19

LSF Member
Sunfish, I can't help you on a place nearby, only place I have caught them consistently is in Shingobee Bay, and it was easier to just trailer over there. For Pike, not really nearby, but not to far away, we have had good luck in Miller Bay at times.

Posted on: 5/17 14:49:38

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page