Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: What trolling motor should I get??
LSF Member
Brands, I think, are a Chevy vs. Ford debate. I think where Motorguide had an advantage with their spot lock previously, Minn Kota's new spot lock has made up any difference. (I run a Motorguide X5 36v, not xi5, in my bass boat, for the record). The fact that you run Lowrance, as others have mentioned, may push you towards Motorguide.

Whatever you get, get the biggest one you can afford/fit in the boat, batteries being the potential issue with "fitting" different motors. If you've got too much power you can always dial it back, but you can't crank it up if you don't have it. The 36 volt 105 pound thrust one on my 19 foot bass boat might be overkill at times, but it sure is nice when I want to fish the main river and others cannot. It's also nice to never have to worry about killing batteries when fighting the wind and/or covering water all day.

Posted on: 5/31 10:50:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page