Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

crankbait colors and make for trolling
LSF Member
I have been having a hard time finding a bait that the walleyes like this year. I normally pull shad raps deep, shallow, glass, and joint both on lead core or long line. I also pull a few reef runners the 200 shad and the 600 little ripper and a few 700s. I also use some husky jerk and original floaters and 7 and 11 tail dancers.

i have yet to get into a group of fish that will readily take my cranks. I can get one or two but then have to switch over to jigs to get a few more out of the group.

in years past I could just pull cranks and figure 8 over them and hammer them them move on then they stop.

Any help would be great. I don't need spots but speeds you troll at would be helpful. Thanks much

Posted on: 5/18 16:01:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: crankbait colors and make for trolling
LSF Member
From Cologne,MN
I've had my best luck both on the croix and on some of the lakes i fish with the salmo hornets. I use the #4's with lead core and the #5 behind fireline. Fire tiger and the Tequila sunrise are best on the river

Posted on: 5/20 7:00:38
80LB Terrova IPilot link
H-Bird 899 HD DI and Helix 7 SI at helm

LSF Member
I have been looking for that sunrise color but can't find it anywhere. Do you have a pic of it that I can see?

Posted on: 5/22 23:37:58

LSF Member
From SE Metro
Haven't seen sunrise and i use cotton cordell to sr5 to flickers. Most colors work. You just need to find what they like even jointed or not. Went out of Prescott on Sunday and didn't catch anything accept sheephead and white bass trolling. Water was high, lots of debris, no one out. Caught more fish jigging but no keepers. I know there was a tourney there recently, not that it matters. I would let it settle down.

Posted on: 5/23 0:58:21

LSF Member
I have flickers shads and walleye divers but don't know their dive curves by heart so I don't reach for them normally.

I was wondering if any one uses 3 way rigging and stick baits like i do in pool 3 and 4 or is there just not enough current to make that technique effective.

And along tthe same lines does anyone use walleye flies fished deep like they do on the winabago system over by green bay

oh by the way floating hornets are on sale at cableas right now..

Posted on: 5/23 6:59:22

Right now night crawlers on a lindy seem to be working the best. i was there last week and thats whats working.

Posted on: 5/23 8:55:00

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page