Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Garmin Striker 73 SV
LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
Anyone have one, or seen one in action? I was wondering what everyones opinion is on this unit? Sure looks like a decent graph and simple to operate to me.

Posted on: 5/20 17:30:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Garmin Striker 73 SV
LSF Member
I had one and ended up taking it back----I hated their lake maps. They seemed like they were drawn up by someone in grade school. I was used to the navionics chip. I liked all the other features though but not enough to put up with the poor lake graphics

Posted on: 5/20 20:15:46

LSF Member
From Metro
Are you talking the Striker 7sv or the Echomap 73sv? The Striker series does not have map chiip capability but does have gps. The Echomap series runs the garmin lakevu hd chips plus has quickdraw contours/aka make your own map in 1ft. contours on any lake. I like the garmin chip and love the ability to make my own maps according to water levels or unmapped lakes!Very simple to operate and a great graph for the money..

Posted on: 5/20 20:45:39

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
I'm referring to the Garmin striker SV. I'm not to concerned with the gps part of this unit.

Posted on: 5/20 21:33:44

LSF Member
I have one that i, just started using it since opener and has helped bag eyes and crappies every outing in the metro. Has helped me key in spots i normally fish. Current setup i am using is a 522c for strickly GPS and 7sv for imaging and chirp. I did not want to replace my bad lowrance puck anymore.

Target seperation is good, traditional with clearview works great, you can tell weeds from fish. Side is decent but the screen is still small i think to see real details. Looks better using whole screen real estate for one side view such as left or right side. Works good in shallow waters.i have been fishing mainly 10ft or less right now and can still identify bottom differences such as fish and structure. If you got time, drive around like i did and you can find a good deal at that place that is going out of business. Grabbed mine for 20% off new in box. I like the unit alot for my budget and small boat. Comparable to my buddys helix 10 setup minus the gps. Works and looks great.

Posted on: 5/22 8:56:58

LSF Member
From Saginaw, MN
I bought a Striker 7 last year and used it all summer. In comparison to a first gen Helix 5 the Striker unit is far superior and not because of the size difference. I in-store compared to all the other popular brands and the clarity of the Garmin is what sold me. Side imaging is outstanding and in my opinion the down imaging is far better than the Helix 5 I used previously. Cannot compare to the Mega units, but did compare Dv to an Elite 7 and was every bit as good. The only drawback I found in comparison to the Helix is I have yet to find a zoom feature for Sv. This year I bought the EchoMap version for Panoptix which I have not used yet, but will still be running the Striker as my bow mount.

Posted on: 5/22 9:54:08

LSF Member
From Mora - Knife lake
This unit may actually make me take the boat out more. I used it once and was very impressed! Thanks for the responses!

Posted on: 5/22 18:29:58

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page