Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Canadian Bacon Again
LSF Member
From andover
This time I made 5, 5 pound pieces of boneless pork loins. Cured them in Pop's Brine for 10 days. If you want to make some check out my site below in the Smokin Hot page. Made these for my brother. Got to make 4 more for a friend of mine. Have to make some for me also. That smoker is going to get a workout this summer. good luck.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_1717.jpg (747.53 KB)
11771_592898a053689.jpg 2048X1536 px

Posted on: 5/26 16:05:46

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Canadian Bacon Again
LSF Member
From Leech Lake Area
I have done this several times and can tell you it is the best. Reinhard rules!! Thanks for contributing and all of your great ideas.

Posted on: 5/26 19:14:31

LSF Member
I have a question about the brine that you use for the Canadian bacon. Did you soak all 25lbs of meat in that solution or what is the ratio of lbs of meat to the brine recipe? Just wondering if it would be safe to do two 5lbs pieces in the same mixture.

Posted on: 6/8 12:48:08

LSF Member
From andover
Two 5 pound pieces would be just fine with the recipe. When I did the 5 pieces I had to use a larger container and doubled the recipe. Had to make sure that the brine covered all the pieces. Most of the time I Only make 2 pieces so that's not needed [to double the recipe]. I usually put water in a gallon zip bag half full on top to keep the pieces all in the brine. good luck.

Posted on: 6/8 15:24:36

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Thanks for the quick response. I don't post much but really appreciate all of the info and recipes that you give. Thank again!

Posted on: 6/8 15:42:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page