Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Vantage 80 trolling motor questions
LSF Member
From Metro Area
I have a 80lb MinnKota Vantage tolling motor that just stopped working for no apparent reason. It was deployed and in the down position. No electrical "pop", or anything. I noticed it was off and could tell it wasn't working. On/off button didn't do anything nor the up/down doesn't work.

I checked the battery, breakers/fuses, and connections. All were fine. I was able to take it off and work it thru the Wave Whacker's and put it in the boat.

Later, I plugged it into the plug where the Terrova plugs in. That outlet works fine as the Terrova works. Still, no lights or power to the Vantage and it's still in the deployed position.

Anyone have this happen and what was the issue? As a note, I've replaced the handle due to a bad switch last year. I get the circuit board goes on these things but I've also heard there are sometimes "easy fixes".

Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 5/29 12:03:47
I.B.O.T #285
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Vantage 80 trolling motor questions
LSF Member
If it's stuck down, you hold the up and down button at the same time to get it to come up. Last year my motor did the exact same thing. I had replaced the handle the year before and it just quit working. I tried a handle from my dad's motor and it worked. Found out the hard way that since I replaced it myself, NO WARRANTY! Made me very happy.

Posted on: 5/29 18:11:36

LSF Member
From Metro Area
So you think its a handle issue or main brain issue?...I had Fish Lectronics replace my handle last year. This thing is DEAD...you can push any button and nothing happens. Can't even power it up at all.

Posted on: 5/29 18:47:21
I.B.O.T #285

LSF Member
That's the way mine was with the handle that went bad after a year. No power would come on anywhere. I'm no expert but your problem sounds just like mine.

Posted on: 5/30 18:50:11

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page