Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Hook 7 settings
LSF Member
From Blaine
Is ping speed the same as chart speed? Just recently upgraded from an x4pro and i feel like when the sonar page is up the scolling is slow. Is that just how it is? Ping speed is on highest or fastest setting. Anyone have the hook series that can offer tips?

Posted on: 5/30 8:45:45

Re: Hook 7 settings
LSF Member
Ping speed and chart speed are not the same.

Ping speed is the amount of time the ping in the transducer travels down and back.

Chart speed is the speed you sonar chart is scrolling on screen.

Posted on: 5/30 9:32:56
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Blaine
Perfect thanks for clarifying that im new to the nicer electronics. I didnt see anything in the menu options specifically for chart speed im assuming i get what i get?

Posted on: 5/30 9:50:47

LSF Member
I'm not familiar with the hook 7. In a breif look at the manual I couldn't find anything either. Are you in the advanced setting?

Posted on: 5/30 10:04:15
Humminbird 899ci HD SI
V4 Lakemaster MN
V4 Lakemaster WI

LSF Member
From Blaine
Yes i opted to set up in advanced as i read it gives more options when familiar with the unit. The manual was pretty vague i read through that and also resorted to youtube and found nothing. Maybe it just has the one speed. I feel as though it might be slow but it could actually be functioning optimally and im just that unfamiliar with the technology. This thing is like cheating compared to my old unit

Posted on: 5/30 11:22:57

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
We got the same unit on our boat and after trying to understand the manual decided to buy the Dr. Sonar tutorial video for the unit, I will let you know what I think of it after we get it and will loan it to you if I think it is worth it.

Posted on: 5/31 8:36:47

LSF Member
From Blaine
how did the video pan out, is it worth the money? im gaining more confidence in mine just by using the unit but i do still feel like it is rather slow

Posted on: 7/13 20:24:43

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page