Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Helix 9 SD card problem
LSF Member
From Brainerd
I think I have loaded a corrupted waypoint file onto my Helix and it is now causing me problems. It won't allow me to export waypoints to SD card-says "Export to SD card failed". I am using a 16G card. I deleted the waypoints and tried to reload a file from HumminbirdPC, which had worked before, and it's not acknowledging the SD card, like in the past.

I have been in communication with HB, but it takes 2-3 days to get an email answer and than, when it doesn't help, it's another 2-3 days.

Just wondering if anybody else has had this issue. It's a new 9 Di G2N unit. Thanks

Posted on: 6/8 10:00:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Helix 9 SD card problem
LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
if you have a copy of the waypoints on HBPC, i would try a different SD card; worse case scenerio, write down your sonar settings if you have it tweaked the way you like it, then restore to factory defaults on the helix

Posted on: 6/8 12:25:06

LSF Member
From Brainerd
I've tried 3 cards, including a new one yesterday. I also did a Restore last night with no success. I don't know if there is a Hard Reset for this unit or not. Waiting for my next communication from HB to see what they say. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow afternoon I plan on going fishing and calling them while on the water - the on- hold time is more bearable that way. Thanks for the input.

Posted on: 6/8 14:33:28

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
have you tried the other slot?

Posted on: 6/8 15:21:33

LSF Member
Quote:

Jmnhunter wrote:
have you tried the other slot?

Posted on: 6/8 15:26:01

LSF Member
From Brainerd
Yes I did try it. Per HB I went to Diagonistic page and you can see that the unit is not recognizing the SD card (3 dashes in box), but it previously had, so they said to send it in. I told them I'd send it in in November, when I'm done with soft water. Right now the only issue is waypoint management, and I can continue to use my Lowrances for that. Thanks for all the input.

Posted on: 6/9 8:28:10

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page