Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Philando Castile
LSF Member
From andover
Unless we were in the courtroom every day of the trial and we heard what the jury heard we can only speculate on the outcome. The jury heard the case and as far as I'm concerned the officer is innocent.

I carry and am not afraid at all. If I was I would not have a permit in the first place. That is something you have to decide prior to getting a permit. Could you draw your weapon on someone who means you harm? That's the more important question. Practice, practice and practice some more. I go twice a week.

I carry a 380. It was my brothers second gun when he was a police officer. He gave it to me. I have other handguns but the 380 is fine with me. It something I feel comfortable with and am accurate with as far as a carry weapon..

For most of us that carry, we may never have to use it and I hope that is true with me. The world has changed. Years ago we didn't have all of the threats as we do now Since I hang out up north more than down here the "threats" are far less. But I do live down here and I'm not taking any chances. good luck.

Posted on: 6/19 10:45:34

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Balsam Township
There is no "weed breathalyzer" or way to show that someone is or was high at any time. All they can see is that there was thc in his system when he died. Which only proves that he had smoked in the past 30+ days or so.

The court didn't accept "he was high at the time", just that it was in his system.

Posted on: 6/19 10:48:20

LSF Member
Quote:

Millhouse wrote:
Does this case give anyone else a bit of fear? As a permit to carry holder it scares the **** out of me.

If this case scares the $#!? out of you, I think you should turn in your permit to carry because you are not a responsible carrier of a firearm. You are correct reaching for his wallet was not against the law but as a responsible permit to carry person you are held to a higher level of responsibility. Castile clearly did not show any of the mature responsibilities needed in this situation. As for being under the influence of marijuana that is another clear disregard for not being a responsible person with a permit to carry, if you want to smoke pot great, but case your weapon and put it away. That is a non issue.

You wanted an opinion, I'm giving you mine. Turn in your permit if this case bothers you. If you are a mature responsible firearm carrying permit holder this should be a non issue.

If you are out to troll because you think cops are mowing people down regular citizens because they can, stick it where the sun don't shine because you are part of the problem.

Best regards,

Posted on: 6/19 10:50:52

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

Millhouse wrote:
There is no "weed breathalyzer" or way to show that someone is or was high at any time. All they can see is that there was thc in his system when he died. Which only proves that he had smoked in the past 30+ days or so.

The court didn't accept "he was high at the time", just that it was in his system.

My understanding of the facts is they had marijuana in the car, the girlfriend admitted that she had smoked it, and his THC levels were very high indicating he had also smoked recently. But you are correct they cannot prove he was actually high. But it's not hard to assume he had also smoked if his girlfriend had.

Whoever invents a breathalyzer for marijuana will be a billionaire because it is about the only thing holding it back from being legalized. And the one negative of legalization I can agree with.

Posted on: 6/19 10:58:06

LSF Member
From Northern MN
The jury made the right call on this case. Castile wasn't a responsible permit holder, and didn't practice in public what he and everyone else who takes the permit class is taught on how to handle getting pulled over by police while carrying. His irresponsibility contributed to his own demise. Carrying a firearm in public takes a higher degree of responsibility. It's not like just carrying around a stupid cell phone.

Posted on: 6/19 14:21:59

LSF Member
From minneapolis
here my opinion, coming from a person of color.

ive been a permit holder for the last 10 years. but the last time i carried was about 2 years ago. heres why...

i got pulled over for a broken tail light. the lights worked, but the plastic/glass was broke. i kept my hands on the wheel until he got up to my window. he asks for my ID and such and sees that im a permit holder. he asked if i had a firearm on me, i said no, not on me, but it unloaded in a case, in my trunk. next thing you kno, im handcuffed on the side of the road, while they are searching my car. i didnt say a word and let them proceed. so after all that, i got a fix it ticket. lol

i wasnt scared, but i was thinking WTF! i dont argue or talk back to cops. been to jail once...dont EVER want to go back. haha

as for this case....im sad for both parties involved.

Fish On!!

Posted on: 6/19 19:19:08

LSF Member
Quote:

icefisher83 wrote:
here my opinion, coming from a person of color.

ive been a permit holder for the last 10 years. but the last time i carried was about 2 years ago. heres why...

i got pulled over for a broken tail light. the lights worked, but the plastic/glass was broke. i kept my hands on the wheel until he got up to my window. he asks for my ID and such and sees that im a permit holder. he asked if i had a firearm on me, i said no, not on me, but it unloaded in a case, in my trunk. next thing you kno, im handcuffed on the side of the road, while they are searching my car. i didnt say a word and let them proceed. so after all that, i got a fix it ticket. lol

i wasnt scared, but i was thinking WTF! i dont argue or talk back to cops. been to jail once...dont EVER want to go back. haha

as for this case....im sad for both parties involved.

Fish On!!

Well you let them search the car?
Whats wrong with being detained for a short period?
If any officer wants to detain me for their safety they can go ahead.

What was the outcome of the incident, you got a fix it ticket and you were on your way. Why would this deter you from carrying?

Posted on: 6/19 23:39:07

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

zachd wrote:

What was the outcome of the incident, you got a fix it ticket and you were on your way. Why would this deter you from carrying?

Detaining you and handcuffing you for no good reason are two different things. Why in the world would they handcuff someone and have to search a car for a broken taillight? If he really got pulled over for a broken taillight, there was no cause for the cop to search the vehicle for anything, especially a gun as he was a valid permit holder. While I respect the police, this cop gives the rest a bad name.

Posted on: 6/20 6:22:06

LSF Member
Quote:

Doberfishman wrote:
Quote:

zachd wrote:

Detaining you and handcuffing you for no good reason are two different things. Why in the world would they handcuff someone and have to search a car for a broken taillight? If he really got pulled over for a broken taillight, there was no cause for the cop to search the vehicle for anything, especially a gun as he was a valid permit holder. While I respect the police, this cop gives the rest a bad name.

That's why I asked if he said it was ok.

Yes there was no cause to search without a warrant but if they asked if they could and he said yes then why cant he search the car? How many times have you seen cops and someone was pulled over for no turn signal and the cop asks to search the car and they find drugs?

All I was trying to get at really is why would this deter you from carrying?

Posted on: 6/20 6:51:03

LSF Member
I am not going to get into my full opinion because I have not read the entire court documents yet, but from what I have read, the prosecuting attorney's should be reprimanded for their poor service.

But the point I will make is, its amazing how the ignorant will do and say anything, with no fact to turn incidents in their favor. I got into a mildly serious discussion at work yesterday, talking about the protests, with a group of women that were 100% against the decision of the court. One of them swore that there wasn't even a gun in the car, and how terrible it was for that poor child to witness that atrocious act.

There was no convincing them otherwise, even with the actual facts. And "I" be damned to think they would smoke pot or drink booze in a car with a child in it.

Posted on: 6/20 6:51:27

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page