Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Giant Leeches
LSF Member
From Minnetonka
So I have heard the stories and last weekend I believe I saw a school of giant leeches swimming under the dock. I'm not talking jumbo store bought leeches. I'm talking 14+ inch run for shore size leeches. Has anyone seen these things or even better have a picture?

Posted on: 6/22 20:10:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Giant Leeches
LSF Member
From Walker
Lots of them in Leech. Horse Leeches.

Posted on: 6/22 20:14:19

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
I haven't seen them in leech but I have seen them in the BWCA, LOTW, and Kabetogama in the summer months. Instead of running for shore you should be grabbing a net and scooping them up. They work great as bait. They really stretch out when swimming!

Posted on: 6/22 20:15:21

LSF Member
From Minnetonka
I'll pass on scooping them up. But hey at least you use a net in place of hands. The leeches I saw will keep me up for many nights. If the school latched onto a Muskie they could suck him dry in a couple days. Captain, if you ever get a picture of these giants, please post.

Posted on: 6/22 20:31:51

LSF Member
From vadnais heights
I've seen them on kabetogama. I thought the fish didn't like them though I heard they expell a nasty scent and taste to the fish.

Posted on: 6/22 21:35:32

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page