Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Planning a Brisket
LSF Member
Well all this talk about brisket made me hungry I picked up a point on sale at the store and have it in the smoker as we speak. I work 3rdshift So I tossed it in there at 8pm
wont be foiling it this time unless I get home and I need it to cook a little faster. Will be pulling it at 196 IT and wrapping it foil and towels stick in cooler then a 3 hour drive to the cabin and it should be prime to slice and eat when we arrive!

Posted on: 6/30 0:32:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
We need pictures zachd lol, hope work went well and your brisket came out awesome. Appreciate you sharing your cooking with us here on LSF...........Kirk

Posted on: 6/30 14:15:48

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
Well Did it in my electric smoker my A maze smoker went out I would say 2-3 hours into the smoke "the off brand pellets I have right now kind of suck for that application"
Anyway didn't get the nice smoke ring I like to see but taste the same none the less.

Rub I used was sea salt, garlic, onion, pepper

Cook worked perfect pulled at 198 and only missed my 10am planned time to leave to the cabin by 10 mins.

Wrapped in towel and put in cooler and off I went.
Got to the cabin around 1 and it was game on cut slices and topped with sweet baby rays bbq sauce on a hamburger bun.
Used left overs for brisket and eggs for breakfast the next day.

Attach file:

jpg  WP_20170630_14_18_54_Pro.jpg (520.37 KB)
34126_595f14c3d40b4.jpg 1632X918 px

Posted on: 7/6 23:57:45

Staff Team
Looks awesome and Thank you for posting that great picture, I did not cook one due to an illness in the family and will cook one another day. Sure appreciate all the great tips.............Kirk

Posted on: 7/7 8:03:22

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From andover
Nice looking brisket!!!. good luck.

Posted on: 7/7 8:46:12

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
That looks like the kind of brisket where you forget about slicing the bread across as you would for a normal sandwich. Slice that loaf the long way and load it up! Great work on that brisket for sure!

Posted on: 7/7 14:09:40

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page