Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Lowrance Elite 5 HDI question(s)
LSF Member
From Ramsey
I just bought a used boat and installed is a Lowrance Elite 5 HDI unit with a Lake Insight Pro 2013 map chip. I'm new to open-water electronics and I've worked my way through the manual and online resources but I need more practice with the unit on the water to have half an idea what I'm doing.

I notice that GPS plots me accurately but the map doesn't move as I do. If I navigate from the area of the lake that is being displayed I have to manually move the cursor to reveal the part of the lake that my position is now being displayed on. Is there a setting that will allow the lake map to move as I do?

I'm also interested in tips and tricks and any general advice about using this unit.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 6/28 9:13:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 HDI question(s)
LSF Member
From Hayward
Once you move the cursor the map will act like that. Just push "End"or "Exit" and everything should be good

Posted on: 6/28 13:04:23

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
On my Elite 5 you choose "Return to Vessel" from the chart settings to have the map scroll.

Posted on: 6/28 14:32:03

LSF Member
Quote:

PatK wrote:
On my Elite 5 you choose "Return to Vessel" from the chart settings to have the map scroll.

What he said. If you move the cursor manually, it goes into a sort of "cursor mode" where it doesn't track with you. If you push "menu" the option at the very top is "return to vessel" which means the map tracks with you. Simply push "menu" then "enter" and you're good to go.

Posted on: 6/28 16:18:48

LSF Member
From Ramsey
That makes sense - I thought it must track the vessel somehow.

Thanks for the help.

Terry

Posted on: 6/28 17:00:03

LSF Member
Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:
That makes sense - I thought it must track the vessel somehow.

Thanks for the help.

Terry
You don't happen to know Calvin do you Terry?

Posted on: 6/29 0:09:07

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page