Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

The Death Star tractor beam
Out on the mud this morning and there is honestly not a boat in view. I start marking fish and catching a few and the next thing I know a boat is within 100 yards of me. I didn't think much of it and keep fishing but the next thing I know this ranger with 3 dudes is within 50yards of me. I had to change course to avoid hitting this punk when he gets within 5 yards of me. With the way the fish are biting people please keep your distance and fish your own water.

Rant over

Posted on: 6/29 12:07:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The Death Star tractor beam
LSF Member
Not surprised!!!

Posted on: 6/29 12:30:58

LSF Member
From Metro
Why would they keep their distance? You did all the work for them!!! Haha. All jokes aside, yes I know the feeling. I can't fish Minnetonka from Memorial Day to Labor Day without having an aneurysm with the people who "own" the lake.

Posted on: 6/29 13:43:31

LSF Member
From Fargo
Yep very frustrating! At this point I just try to shake my head and laugh it off. There will always be morons out there. Tight lines everyone

Posted on: 6/29 13:46:48

LSF Member
Chuckle!

He prolly saw you catch a fish though his binoculars.

Posted on: 6/29 14:43:21

LSF Member
From Carver County
It really gets "sporty" when you're just deploying a inline planer board and it gets cut off by a 20'+ tiller boat topped out with 3 guys aboard.

Posted on: 6/29 16:06:13

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Not sure why this surprises the poster. Happens all the time on the pond. I almost took an anchor through my bow from a launch boat one time.

Posted on: 6/29 17:34:13

LSF Member
Quote:

Ripjiggen wrote:
Not sure why this surprises the poster. Happens all the time on the pond. I
almost took an anchor through my bow from a launch boat one time.

Well it sounds if in this case you don't know how to keep your distance and are no different than what the original post is complaining about.

All remarks aside terrible music keeps them away as does a ill pointed flare gun.

Posted on: 6/29 18:43:31

LSF Member
It can be frustrating when someone horns in on you but in the end you just have to let it go. Maybe they were having a tough day on the water, Mille lacs is currently a Great Lake to help people out, (teach techniques and structure to look for) since nobody can keep anything out there anyways.

Posted on: 6/30 7:31:13

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

Ripjiggen wrote:
Not sure why this surprises the poster. Happens all the time on the pond. I
almost took an anchor through my bow from a launch boat one time.

Well it sounds if in this case you don't know how to keep your distance and are no different than what the original post is complaining about.

All remarks aside terrible music keeps them away as does a ill pointed flare gun.

Actually I was anchored up corking and the launch came in on me and dropped anchor. Needless to say I moved. Nice assumption though Autumn.

Posted on: 6/30 9:50:54

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page