Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Solid Deck Stain Recommendations
LSF Member
Hi all,
Looking for help on personal recommendations on a SOLID deck stain to be used on the floor boards. This is going over existing solid stain.

To be helpful please confirm when your stain was put on your deck and how it held up. So many stain companies have been acquired by others and/or formulas changed due to new EPA requirements that what used to be go to stains are now considered very poor choices (e.g. Cabot's Solid Stain).

Frustrating researching on the internet. Any current solid stains all seem to have very poor reviews consistently (Cabots & Behr - despite both being rated very high on Consumer Reports), or are all over the map with good & bad reviews (Olympic Elite/Maximum, Benjamin Moore, Flood, Pittsburgh, Sherwin Williams SuperDeck, Sikkens).

I'd prefer to buy something that I can just go to a store in the Twin Cities and pick up vs buying over the internet.

Thanks all for your help!

FYI ... for some other areas that I did not require use of solid stain I tried Rymar Xtreme (expensive @ $90/gallon). We'll see how well that stuff holds up. It has only been a few weeks so too early to tell. Put it on railings & cedar shakes so I would expect it to do fine. Unfortunately they do not have a "Solid" stain product.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 13:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Solid Deck Stain Recommendations
LSF Member
Armor renew from armorpoxy new jersey(website)......I know you wanted to pickup from local store but this is contractors grade epoxy...........you will not be disappointed with this product!!!!!Have had on deck for over 10 years.only fading and slight wear on steps/high/heavy traffic areas!!!!c63

Posted on: 2017/7/12 14:47

Re: Solid Deck Stain Recommendations
LSF Member
From Linwood, MN
are you looking for a latex or oil base stain?

Posted on: 2017/8/14 10:31

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page