Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

Mandatory Boat-Wash/Inspection Station in Annandale?
LSF Member
A few days ago I saw video of the Wright County Board discussing and voting on a mandatory boat-wash and inspection station in Annandale. It sounded to me like this is going to be a pre-launch requirement for anyone seeking access to area lakes. They seemed unconcerned with boater's reaction to the prospect of increased fees and even less concerned with the idea of the station's proposed capacity being unable to manage the number of boats that come into the area. They seemed like their attitude was, "we need this, the DNR isn't moving on it, so we're going to do it ourselves and then everyone else will follow, we don't care if boaters complain about the cost, and we don't care if boats get backed up, we're doing it anyway."

I may not be 100% right about this part, but it sounded like they were talking about ONE cleaning station and ONE inspection station, and that it would take 15-20 minutes to clean and inspect a boat. When they mentioned specific lakes, it was John, Sylvia, and Pleasant. However, the general conversation seemed to include all the area lakes.

If I have the basic facts correct, this sounds less like a fight against invasive species and more like an effort to keep non-residents off local lakes - at least the three they spoke about specifically.

Anyone have more facts? I'm not trying to stir shizz. I was just alarmed by what I heard, and wanted to share, hoping that someone with specific knowledge may offer more info.

Posted on: 2017/7/2 14:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mandatory Boat-Wash/Inspection Station in Annandale?
LSF Member
From St Michael
I'm confused, is this implying that before a person goes on any wright county lake, they are supposed to go to Annandale to get their boat washed?

Posted on: 2017/7/2 20:27

LSF Member
Quote:

backup63 wrote:
I'm confused, is this implying that before a person goes on any wright county lake, they are supposed to go to Annandale to get their boat washed?

That's the way I understood what they were talking about. And that's why I'm seeking clarification. I watched almost the entire hearing on video, and it seemed that that's exactly what they were saying.

Posted on: 2017/7/2 23:09

LSF Member
Start watching at 31:00. I just watched it again. It sounds like as I described it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNja4Om2M40

Posted on: 2017/7/2 23:27

LSF Member
From St Michael
It sounds like at 56 minutes she says that boats must be inspected and passed or decontaminated to get a "seal" to allow them to use lakes Sylvia, John, and pleasant. I'm thinking it only applies to these three lakes.

Posted on: 2017/7/3 0:47

LSF Member
It sounds like that sometimes... if you listen to all the testimony, at other times when they're talking it sounds like it'll be a mandatory county-wide program.

Posted on: 2017/7/3 7:48

LSF Member
From mora mn
Don't know any about laws or anything but do they have the power to say u can't go onto a lake without higher up approval?

I didn't watch video either so may have missed something

Posted on: 2017/7/3 8:00

LSF Member
Quote:

sundie23 wrote:
Don't know any about laws or anything but do they have the power to say u can't go onto a lake without higher up approval?

I didn't watch video either so may have missed something

They are saying that failure to comply would be a misdemeanor, and that whether there is a year-long "grace" period while boaters become educated about the new policy is entirely up to the Sheriff and the Wright County Attorney. The County Attorney is 100% backing this plan, and he didn't sound like he gives a crap about giving people a grace period.

Posted on: 2017/7/3 9:19

LSF Member
From North Central MN
WOW what a bunch of AIS crappola!

Posted on: 2017/7/3 10:36

LSF Member
From North Central MN
A lot of "our" lake language.

Beware to all... if we dont get involved on a personal level this is going to happen all over our state.

Posted on: 2017/7/3 10:38

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page